Author Topic: Pro-Abortion Website Complains about Hillsdale College’s Pro-Life Views  (Read 816 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
The libs can't stand it that a non-sectarian school like Hillsdale exists.  They have all the other schools and still they're not satisfied.

Bader next objects to Hillsdale’s wholesale rejection of public money, a policy that frees the college from most government mandates. She says the school’s really trying to remain “free from pesky rules against discrimination and bigotry”:

And what intrusive mandates they are, insuring that students are protected from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, and age.

Bader doesn’t mention that Hillsdale actually has a better anti-discrimination record than most liberal universities – not only is Hillsdale the nation’s first college to expressly prohibit race- and sex-based discrimination in its Articles of Association, but it enrolled blacks as early as 1844 and was the second college in the nation to admit women equally with men. Considering that Bader has to quote a website completely unrelated to Hillsdale to allege that the school has a problem with admitting “atheists, feminists, or members of the LGBTQ community” (all of which I can confirm were present at Hillsdale), this complaint is similarly hard to swallow.

Finally, we arrive at Bader’s main objection – Hillsdale is too friendly with pro-lifers:

Hillsdale students are encouraged to participate in the annual March for Life each January and are urged to join weekend pickets at an Ann Arbor Planned Parenthood. They’re further primed to volunteer at local Crisis Pregnancy Centers, join the county Right to Life chapter, and link hands in a Life Chain along Highway M-99. Lastly, their classroom instruction is supplemented by a subscription to the right-wing Imprimis Magazine —published monthly on campus, with articles touching a host of conservative themes.

Too bad Bader doesn’t mention who’s doing the “encouraging”: not the administration, but rather Students for Life, one of many campus clubs (and one I was a member of).
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I am so weary of the griping by the nihilists that they don't have EVERY LAST soapbox.

Two words for them:  Margaret. Sanger.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
I am so weary of the griping by the nihilists that they don't have EVERY LAST soapbox.

Two words for them:  Margaret. Sanger.

When your narrative is a lie, you feel compelled to control every soapbox so the truth doesn't get spoken.
There is only one Truth to a Liberal - whatever fits their agenda at the moment.

charlesoakwood

There is no truth, it's only a matter of perspective.
                                                                         ::curtsy4:: 

Offline BMG

• Established Member
LINK

Planned Parenthood and the Los Angeles Unified School District have teamed up in an unusual collaboration to reduce the number of unplanned teen pregnancies at Roosevelt High School.

I wonder how long it will be before they start offering onsite abortions at taxpayer expense... you know, between classes or during lunch.

::outrage::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
No ideas please!   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.