Author Topic: EPA Enforcers: 'Way Of Life Act' Needed;' 'Individual Change' Isn't Enough  (Read 853 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Other EPA Nazis exposed.]

Recently, Sen. Inhofe uncovered a video of Region 6 Administrator Al Armendariz admitting that EPA’s “general philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies – just as Roman soldiers would crucify random citizens in conquered villages, to make an example of them. Armendariz subsequently resigned under fire for the exposed comments.

“But, it’s not just Armendariz,” Sen. Inhofe’s office warns:

“The purpose of this video is to get to know President Obama’s “green generals” – the regional administrators – who are going into battle for the Obama-EPA, working hard to force a green “way of life act” in regions across the United States.”

In the Inhofe video, EPA Region 2 Administrator Judith Enck claims, “I don’t think individual change is going to be enough” - while Armendariz twice says the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act can be used as proxies to enforce the “Way Of Life Act” he wishes he had.

“I don’t have a Way of Life Act that I can enforce - I’ve got a Clean Air Act, I’ve got a  Clean Water Act, a Safe Drinking Water Act” that can be used to enforce green ideals, Armendariz says.

nfortunately I don’t have a Way of Life Act I can enforce but at the same time EPA isn’t toothless and we do have certain things that we can enforce with the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act - and that’s one of the reasons why (EPA enforcement chief) Cynthia is going to be here tomorrow, she’s gonna go around and take a look at some of the oil and gas facilities in the area.”

Sen. Inhofe’s office says these videos challenge the president’s claim that he favors an “all-of-the-above” energy policy:

President Obama claims to be for an “all of the above” approach to energy as he hits the campaign trail, yet these videos show us the truth: the Obama-EPA is more set on a green “way of life” that is “painful. Painful every step of the way.”

The whole damn agency needs to be defunded, shut down, employees FIRED, not just transferred, and its buildings sold.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

Recently, Sen. Inhofe uncovered a video of Region 6 Administrator Al Armendariz admitting that EPA’s “general philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies – just as Roman soldiers would crucify random citizens in conquered villages, to make an example of them. Armendariz subsequently resigned under fire for the exposed comments.

“The purpose of this video is to get to know President Obama’s “green generals” – the regional administrators – who are going into battle for the Obama-EPA, working hard to force a green “way of life act” in regions across the United States.”

In the Inhofe video, EPA Region 2 Administrator Judith Enck claims, “I don’t think individual change is going to be enough” - while Armendariz twice says the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act can be used as proxies to enforce the “Way Of Life Act” he wishes he had.

“I don’t have a Way of Life Act that I can enforce - I’ve got a Clean Air Act, I’ve got a  Clean Water Act, a Safe Drinking Water Act” that can be used to enforce green ideals, Armendariz says.

nfortunately I don’t have a Way of Life Act I can enforce but at the same time EPA isn’t toothless and we do have certain things that we can enforce with the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act - and that’s one of the reasons why (EPA enforcement chief) Cynthia is going to be here tomorrow, she’s gonna go around and take a look at some of the oil and gas facilities in the area.”

Sen. Inhofe’s office says these videos challenge the president’s claim that he favors an “all-of-the-above” energy policy:

President Obama claims to be for an “all of the above” approach to energy as he hits the campaign trail, yet these videos show us the truth: the Obama-EPA is more set on a green “way of life” that is “painful. Painful every step of the way.”

The whole damn agency needs to be defunded, shut down, employees FIRED, not just transferred, and its buildings sold.

When Romney is elected, unemployment should jump at least 5%.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

When Romney is elected, unemployment should jump at least 5%.

I hope you're not holding your breath....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I don't have any faith that Romney is the man to undertake dismantling entire agencies. But I do have hope that his hand can be forced with "Harriet Meyers" style pressure on steroids and multiplied by an organized Tea Party.

The more I think about it, the more I hope that Scott Walker has opened the door for some boldness on the part of some Republicans to just do the right thing for once. I don't know if Mitt Romney has what it takes. I just don't know.

I've said before, and I stick by it because it's a "duh" position, but it bears noting: IF Mitt Romney governs as conservatively and as boldly as he is campaigning, he could be the most conservative president since Reagan, which would basically make him the most conservative president since long before our lifetimes. IF.

He's staking out some good boundaries in some of the right places, but in the coming months he will be forced to either stake them more concretely, or move them entirely as the campaign escalates. Let's hope he stakes them more concretely, giving specifics to which he can then be vigorously held.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I am hoping (hoping, not expecting) that with the example given by Scott Walker, as IDP mentioned, perhaps some Republicans will start to act more decisively in the realization that the country as a whole is threatened in a way it never has been before.  Relating it to individual action, you always hear stories about someone who "didn't know I had it in me" when they do something bold and decisive, such as rescuing someone from a burning building.  What would be unthinkable to them under normal circumstances they suddenly find themselves doing almost automatically. Fight or flight response, I guess.

You know the common theme in movies and books, the sort of wimpy guy who ultimately redeems himself when up against the wall.  I feel like we are in that moment as a country, and I think that explains the Tea Party phenomenon.  These are a bunch of mild mannered people, the types who probably had always gone out of their way to keep their opinions to themselves, who probably never engaged in any sort of activism before in their lives, but it suddenly crystallized just what sort of threat is afoot and they reacted against the threat just like the ordinary person who runs into a burning house.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
If the GOP gets control of the Senate and White House and maintains control of the House and cannot downsize/eliminate outright departemnts like the EPA then it is all over, period.  We can quibble over the time remaining but realistically we will have decided as a nation to kill the republic.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
If the GOP gets control of the Senate and White House and maintains control of the House and cannot downsize/eliminate outright departemnts like the EPA then it is all over, period.  We can quibble over the time remaining but realistically we will have decided as a nation to kill the republic.

Even if we can get a new administration to downsize these agencies, as soon as the opposition next gains control, they'll be right back where they were.  Even killed, the idea that they're a good and necessary part of government will take decades to erase.  If ever.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
If the GOP gets control of the Senate and White House and maintains control of the House and cannot downsize/eliminate outright departments like the EPA then it is all over, period.  We can quibble over the time remaining but realistically we will have decided as a nation to kill the republic.

Even if we can get a new administration to downsize these agencies, as soon as the opposition next gains control, they'll be right back where they were.  Even killed, the idea that they're a good and necessary part of government will take decades to erase.  If ever.

Yup.  The long-term prospects for a restoration of principled republican government from within the system is not looking viable.  But as soon as someone brings up the obvious remedies...oh Jeez, there go those extremists again!

Yeah...ummmm....the real extremists are and have been having one hell of a time for quite a long time now!  Hello?!  Really, sometimes going Galt just makes immense sense...  Too many people asleep at the switch...   Like paying my mortgage and conducting myself like a responsible citizen...  I feel like such a bloody chump!

Someday the last laugh...and shot, will be mine!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.