Author Topic: MMA Fighter thwarts assault in progress, chases down suspects  (Read 479 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
UFC’s Nick Ring rushes to rescue of couple being mugged in Calgary

A group of Calgary teenagers picked the wrong time to start a fight. UFC middleweight Nick Ring, who will meet Court McGee on July 21 at UFC 149 in Calgary, witnessed a group of teens beating up two people who were waiting at a bus stop in the 9600 block of MacLeod Trail in the city.

Ring jumped out of his car, checked on the victims and then helped run down several of the suspects. Calgary police arrested three juveniles and charged them with common assault. Their names weren't released, but they were a 17-year-old boy, a 16-year-old boy and a 15-year-old girl. Sgt. Kevin Brookwell, a spokesman for the Calgary police, said a fourth male juvenile is being sought for questioning and could also face arrest.

The victims were both 17, a boy and a girl. The boy was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries and released.

"I saw these little punk cowards picking on defenseless people and I knew they needed to come to justice," Ring told Cagewriter.

<snip>

[Buried towards the end of the article] "They look they think they came right from a rap video," Ring said.

More at link, but no mention whether these would-be rappers are Vanilla Ice or Nigga G.
 ::thinking::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: MMA Fighter thwarts assault in progress, chases down suspects
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:20:13 AM »
Awesome.  Good job Mr. Ring!

"...right from a rap video"

::hysterical::

Now they look like they came from a hospital to a jail cell!

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »
Evil.

Crimefighters.

Go together like a banana and ice cream.  Pity to be too multiculturally sensitive to see that.

Well done, Mr. Ring.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:16:11 AM »
There was a story a year or so ago about Light Heavyweight UFC champ Jon Jones, who came to the rescue of an assault victim on the very day of his title bout, wrestling him to the ground, and holding him there until police arrived.

If you've ever seen Jon Jones fight, the assailant had no chance. This guy makes the heretofore best in the world look like they simply have no answer to his puzzle. And he's only in his early 20s.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson