Author Topic: Gay couple gets court to force photographer to cover their wedding  (Read 979 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
LINK

But Vanessa wanted a photographer at her ceremony who thinks what she is doing is immoral. I know. That seems odd, doesn’t it. But the reason is simple: She want this photographer to be compared to restaurants and hotels in the 1950s who refused to serve black customers.

Now let’s review: Same-sex marriage is not legal in New Mexico. Even same-sex civil unions are not recognized in New Mexico.

So on what legal basis was Vanessa Willock able to sue Elaine Huguenin of Elane Photography when she refused to photograph the “commitment” ceremony of Willock and her partner? The New Mexico Human Rights Act, which covers “sexual orientation.” Pro-family groups, including CatholicVote, have long argued that these laws are not just a “shield” protecting the rights of gays against unfair discrimination, but will be used as a “sword” to deny the rights of Christians.

Could an African-American photographer, under that rationale, be required to photograph a Ku Klux Klan rally? Elane asked hypothetically.

“The Ku Klux Klan is not a protected class,” the court noted. “Sexual orientation, however, is protected.”

Now I wonder if a heterosexual couple didn't want a gay photographer at their wedding what would happen?  No doubt that would be discrimination too.

In other words, faith means NOTHING.  Abortion and homosexuals are protected above all.  A person who wants to kill her baby or practice deviant behavior gets elevated over everyone else.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Gay couple gets court to force photographer to cover their wedding
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
The common law principle of freedom of association that has been assumed for hundreds of years, trampled under the Leftist jackboot in the name of "equality". Equality for some, but not for others.

::crusader::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 10:16:11 AM »
The quest of equality as "our" highest principle eventually leads to radical egalitarianism, which is, in effect, that nothing and no one is differentiated from anything or anyone else.  This is a major violation of the reality that there IS a natural order, that things have their own differentiated nature and to re-invent or rearrange this order, in the end, is UNsane.

It is, in the case of protected groups, not only a violation of the freedom of worship, but, as IDP writes, the right to associate as one chooses.

If this principle is allowed to continue, "normal" will become the discriminated-against class in every endeavor of life.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »

If this principle is allowed to continue, "normal" will become the discriminated-against class in every endeavor of life.

I agree.  And it is already in the sense that people have modified their opinions and behavior in order to be "PC". Now it a matter of enshrining such descrimination in the law.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 11:19:10 AM »
Normal person - Contract law and the principle of voluntary agreements is sacred.

Leftist POS - I will force you to do what I want.

Leftists are are totalitarians, and this deviant witch illustrates that in spades!

To hell with them all.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
So let's say for arguments sake that the photographer fails to show up for work that day. Does it become a legal matter?

This is f**king insane.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »
So let's say for arguments sake that the photographer fails to show up for work that day. Does it become a legal matter?

This is f**king insane.

There are creative ways to fight back.  You show up with a T-shirt that says I'm here because of a court order to violate my religious freedom and you have a bunch of friends stand out side on the public areas with signs supporting you. And maybe you call the media.

These sorts of things need to be put in the face of the American people.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »
Has it never occurred to these enemies of liberty that certain freedoms are enshrined precisely because there are some people who will inevitably do things with them that other people, maybe even most people, find distasteful or offensive? That's the very essence of freedom.

Radical egalitarianism is something from the French Revolution, not the American one. It ends, one way or another.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 06:51:38 AM »
Has it never occurred to these enemies of liberty that certain freedoms are enshrined precisely because there are some people who will inevitably do things with them that other people, maybe even most people, find distasteful or offensive? That's the very essence of freedom.

Radical egalitarianism is something from the French Revolution, not the American one. It ends, one way or another.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.