Author Topic: The Free Frontier  (Read 1388 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
The Free Frontier
« on: February 20, 2011, 10:07:17 PM »
Categories » Science, Technology & Medicine » The Free Frontier
http://itsaboutfreedom.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=progress&action=display&thread=4404
The Free Frontier
Post by rickl on Feb 8, 2011, 9:57pm

A new Bill Whittle video, with some assistance from Rand Simberg.

It's a must-see. The Space Age isn't dead; it's just starting to get interesting.

Re: The Free Frontier
Post by charlesoakwood on Feb 8, 2011, 11:05pm

Exceptional!

Just keep the regulators away.
Post by irondiopriest on Feb 8, 2011, 11:10pm

Quote:
..."Meanwhile, of course, the government is bankrupt, and it will be for the rest of our lives. The space shuttle is now a thing of the past, and we can't even get to our own hundred-billion dollar space station without hitching a ride from the Russians. As far as the government is concerned, America is grounded - indefinitely. But... the American government is not the same as the American people..."

Quote:
..."If you're one of those people who, like me, remember seeing Neil Armstrong step off that ladder, and if you thought that your heart would just burst with pride and wonder, then at least consider the possibility that the spirit of adventure and courage and ingenuity that drove that miracle no longer lives in the government. But it didn't die. It's in the private sector - where it belongs..."

I can't help but consider the possibility that the government would interfere, or even confiscate such technology and nationalize the assets should it prove advantageous for it to do so.

Post by rickl on Feb 8, 2011, 11:28pm

Feb 8, 2011, 11:10pm, irondiopriest wrote:
I can't help but consider the possibility that the government would interfere, or even confiscate such technology and nationalize the assets should it prove advantageous for it to do so.

True, but at the moment I'm much more concerned about the Obama regime using high energy and food prices (which they themselves created) as an excuse to nationalize energy and food producers.

If that happens, it will be time for more, er, vigorous opposition.

Space is small potatoes compared to that.
Post by charlesoakwood on Feb 9, 2011, 12:11am

Save the planet
Post by rickl on Feb 9, 2011, 7:20pm

Feb 9, 2011, 12:11am, charlesoakwood wrote:

Save the planet

Yeah, but which planet? 
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt