Author Topic: Breaking: New York to become sanctuary city for illegal aliens  (Read 2377 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Breaking: New York to become sanctuary city for illegal aliens
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:23:58 AM »
Jim Kouri

, Law Enforcement Examiner

October 23, 2011

"The New York City Council is close to passing a city ordinance that will drastically hamper the activities of the Homeland Security Department’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), according to federal law enforcement officers and a non-profit public interest group’s latest report..

The ordinance will limit ICE agents in their role of identifying and removing illegal aliens from the city’s correctional system. If and when the ordinance is passed, New York will join a small list of large cities, including San Francisco, Washington, DC, Chicago, and San Jose, that deliberately obstruct ICE’s operations.
Even more troubling is the Obama Administration’s lack of resolve in making certain all states and cities comply with immigration laws and policies, a former New York City police official told the Law Enforcement Examiner.
“Usually, Obama’s minions are more interested in harassing and denigrating states and cities that attempt to enforce immigration laws,” said former NYPD detective and security firm owner Sidney Franes. “But they turn a blind eye to those who obstruct justice in the name of ‘sanctuary’ for criminal aliens.”
Other important Information that you need to read can be found by clicking this link

http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement-in-national/breaking-new-york-to-become-sanctuary-city-for-illegal-aliens?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Let  the New York City Council hear from you!!
Click HERE for a list and contact information of the New York City Council
Contact Information for Speaker Christine C. Quinn:

District Office Address
224 West 30th St (Suite 1206)
New York, NY 10001 District Office Phone
(212) 564-7757

District Office Fax
(212) 564-7347

Legislative Office Address
250 Broadway
Suite 1856
New York, New York 10007

Legislative Office Phone
(212) 788-7210

Legislative Office Fax
(212) 788-7207

Submit an email to the Speaker:  Council.NYC.Gov
No related posts."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Breaking: New York to become sanctuary city for illegal aliens
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:00:59 PM »
I already thought they were?!

Oh, I see...they'll be one of the flagship sanctuary cities!  Ahh, isn't that just sweet?!

Good thing for me I don't have to change my boycott list...they never were going to get off of it anyway...

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
I already thought they were?!

Oh, I see...they'll be one of the flagship sanctuary cities!  Ahh, isn't that just sweet?!

Good thing for me I don't have to change my boycott list...they never were going to get off of it anyway...

::mooning::

If you walk around in Manhattan, most People you meet speak a foreign Language. Now I am talking at least 30 years a go. To me, they being the first, maybe, just not officially.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »
Haven't been there in about 26 years.  Can't say I've missed it...

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:39:19 AM »
Even more troubling is the Obama Administration’s lack of resolve in making certain all states and cities comply with immigration laws and policies, a former New York City police official told the Law Enforcement Examiner.

Even more evidence of dereliction of duty!!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 02:52:37 PM »
LINK

Next week the Empire State will finish rolling out a program called Secure Communities.

A program that gives federal immigration officials access to the fingerprints of undocumented immigrants booked into local jails will start Tuesday across New York state despite staunch opposition from advocates and lawmakers, including Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

A law-enforcement official familiar with the program, called Secure Communities, confirmed that New York City and 30 other jurisdictions would join the 31 communities that already have the program in place. Suffolk, Nassau and Westchester counties, among others, have participated in Secure Communities for more than a year.

Right off the bat, this one should ring up significant support – or so you might think – because it’s actually nothing new. We’re not talking about some program where cops are cruising the parking lot at Home Depot asking people for “their papers” every morning. This is simply taking the fingerprints of illegal immigrants who are already in jail and charged with a crime and getting them into the right database. The prints were already being sent to the FBI, so shipping them over to ICE shouldn’t be much of a leap.

A representative of the immigration enforcement agency is quoted as saying that the program has already delivered results, and “has helped ICE remove more than 135,000 convicted criminal aliens, including more than 49,000 convicted of major violent offenses like murder, rape and the sexual abuse of children.” So what could possibly go wrong?

Asked about the program at a Friday news conference, New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said “we prefer that they not do that here.”

…

Speaking on the radio Friday, City Council Speaker Christine Quinn said there will be a rally on City Hall’s steps on Monday to urge the federal government to refrain from forcing the city’s hand.

She also said the police were being put in a “terrible position.”

“It’s just so counter to what New York is about as an immigrant city,” she added. “And I’m real proud of our mayor and our governor, who have all spoken out…. The police can’t disregard the law at the end of the day, but it’s a terrible thing to put them in when they should be focusing on real crime.”

And this from the comments section:

Have these fools forgotten that 09.11.01 was the work of 19 immigrants, who had overstayed their visas, i.e., became illegal?

Resist We Much on May 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

'Resist We Much' is spot on and concise in his/her assessment. I know that all of us here already understand this, but it is exactly stuff like this that makes me believe that the left is out to destroy the country from within and it doesn't take any kind of a leap in logic to see it. It's plainly obvious!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 09:29:26 AM »
Rest assured that AG Holder won't file any charges against them based on pre-emption or Federal jurisdiction ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Funny that NYC can be a sanctuary city for illegal aliens, but not for a 16 oz. Pepsi or table salt.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 06:55:31 AM »
I guess they felt all that goodwill they accrued from the rest of the country after being attacked on 9-11 should be pissed away.  If they are looking for reasons to be disliked, I guess Bloomie's high taxes, gun-grabbing and sundry list of liberties denied is the way to go.