Author Topic: In the 16th Year of Obama  (Read 440 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
In the 16th Year of Obama
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »
In the 16th Year of Obama (h/t IMAO.us)

"The State educational institutions have spent over a quarter of a century filling your head with absolutely nothing and then rigorously testing to see that you had learned absolutely nothing, all to cultivate the exact attitude you display. The State has convinced you that you know everything, while ensuring that you know absolutely nothing," the Professor-General said, raising one arm to encompass the sweep of the giant umbrella, figs and sleeping cat. "This is the attitude that we have cultivated at great expense. This is the true meaning of the statue before you. A graduate, such as Marc, will be convinced that he understands it, although he does not. The statue is the meaning of meaninglessness, emptiness in form, a void with substance."

"But couldn't the State have saved money by not teaching him anything at all?" Julie inquired.

"That would entirely miss the point," the Professor-General said. "Anyone can learn nothing, but not everyone can learn a nothingness so thoroughly that it prevents any other knowledge from being absorbed Our education is like a vaccine. It prevents actual knowledge from being absorbed. We could just as easily have put nothing here, but then students might envision what should be here. By putting a completely senseless thing here, we block them from constructively using their minds. Similarly through our prolonged education, we prevent students from learning anything on their own."

"There was a time when the government owed the majority of its debt to its own citizens, but that meant any man or woman could be considered a creditor for the State," the Professor-General said. "It became necessary for the roles to shift, for the State to become the creditor of every citizen. And this was done with education."

"But won't the debt have to be paid for?" Julie asked.

The Professor-General clucked his tongue at her foolishness. "Whom could it possibly be paid to? If everyone is in debt, then debt is the new currency. The more debt you run up, the wealthier you are. This is the New Economic Plan of our Beloved Leader which rewards consumption of government services as the ultimate form of productivity. Since everyone is in debt and everyone's debt is owned by everyone else, every man and woman will compete to maximize their utilization of government services, so that they will benefit from the services that they are indebted for."

"That's why no one earns money anymore," Marc said loudly. "When we get jobs for the first time, we'll get paid in debt. Each time we're paid, the money is directly collected by the government and our debt is reduced by a little."

"The debt economy is an extension of a phenomenon that began in the previous century where men and women no longer labored to earn money, but to pay down their debts," the Professor-General said. "The more the government gives you, the more debt you have, but you would be a fool not to take it, for your neighbors are running up government debt on your credit. Take the government house, car, education, tofu growing grant and anything else you can get."

As the puppyblender says "go read the whole thing"

Debt. Its the next currency.  No wait, its the current one, since every dollar in your wallet was borrowed into existence as a promise to pay the Fed one dollar plus interest at a future date.  But hey , I am good and depressed now.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: In the 16th Year of Obama
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
That's why I prefer to stay good and mad instead.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: In the 16th Year of Obama
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:53:26 AM »
I need my anger.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.