Author Topic: The New War  (Read 1959 times)

charlesoakwood

The New War
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:27:23 PM »

CIC Lays it Out

[blockquote] President Barack Obama hosted 18 senior lawmakers at the White House on Friday afternoon to “consult” with them about the new plan to intervene in Libya, exactly 90 minutes before Obama announced that plan to the world and one day after his administration successfully pushed for authorization of military force at the United Nations.

Sen. Richard Lugar (R-IN) complained on Thursday that the administration had not properly consulted Congress before deciding to support military intervention in Libya, and called for a formal declaration of war by Congress before military action is taken. Inside the White House meeting, several lawmakers had questions about the mission but only Lugar outwardly expressed clear opposition to the intervention, one lawmaker inside the meeting told The Cable.

The other lawmakers in attendance were Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD), Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-TX)(R-GA), Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI), Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD), Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), Majority Leader Eric [the Lavender Whip] Cantor (R-VA), Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Sen. John Kyl (R-AZ), Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA), Rep. Buck McKeon (R-NY), Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), and Rep. Howard Berman (D-CA).[/blockquote]
___click the link for full story

He starts a war and leaves for Brazillia, cool.

H/T:WeaselZippers

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: The New War
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:32:23 AM »
The ones who lead the effort were France and Great Britain . Stymie held back until there was a majority he could hide behind ... Sort of like the nasty kid who has his friends hold down an unpopular neighbor boy so he can kick him in the nuts . Without the leadership of others , Stymie is nowhere to be found . Right or wrong he's disgracefully gutless .

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
Fly on wall at meeting records . . .:

Gentlemen, I see everyone is present, including my foreign policy record. Uhh, that's a, uhh, a little joke to break the ice. I guess you are wondering why I, uhh, called this meeting. I, uhh, have instructed the Joint Chiefs of Staff to, uhh, immediately begin a military action against the, uhh,  Libyans.

Now, I gotta run. Uhh, Michelle and the kids are, uhh, waiting at Andrews and I, uhh, gotta shoot down to, uhh, bad choice of words, uhh, catch Air Force 1 down to Rio. Hold my sh!t together until I get back. Now, where is my driver . . .?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:44:02 AM »
Fly on wall at meeting records . . .:

Gentlemen, I see everyone is present, including my foreign policy record. Uhh, that's a, uhh, a little joke to break the ice. I guess you are wondering why I, uhh, called this meeting. I, uhh, have instructed the Joint Chiefs of Staff to, uhh, immediately begin a military action against the, uhh,  Libyans.

Now, I gotta run. Uhh, Michelle and the kids are, uhh, waiting at Andrews and I, uhh, gotta shoot down to, uhh, bad choice of words, uhh, catch Air Force 1 down to Rio. Hold my sh!t together until I get back. Now, where is my driver . . .?

I wouldn't doubt it one bit! I know AF1 is worth some big bucks but it surely would save the country some big bucks if it exploded at 35k feet
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:17:34 AM »
I say this without a shred of defense for O'Chimpy, but rather to scorn the international Left.

By waiting until other nations took the lead, and whimpily joining in to commit the United States to assist them, Obama is giving the shameless European Left and their much-ennobled "WorldCommunity™ exactly what they screamed for when George W. Bush made the decision to lead the way into Iraq.

Now they can see the fruits of their pathetic politicking and demonization of the American President as leader of the free world. They'll come to know what life is like when the United States is weakened, led by weakness, and not committed to our alliances.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:25:07 AM »
I say this without a shred of defense for O'Chimpy, but rather to scorn the international Left.

By waiting until other nations took the lead, and whimpily joining in to commit the United States to assist them, Obama is giving the shameless European Left and their much-ennobled "WorldCommunity™ exactly what they screamed for when George W. Bush made the decision to lead the way into Iraq.

Now they can see the fruits of their pathetic politicking and demonization of the American President as leader of the free world. They'll come to know what life is like when the United States is weakened, led by weakness, and not committed to our alliances.

I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall when it dawned on any of them that Duh Wun actually was not going to act as the "Leader of the Free World", did not intend to "drive" this issue, and that if they wanted anything done, they'd have to finally get off their asses and move.

They're so used to being in opposition to us, it had to come as a big fact shock there was nothing here to oppose.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »
The lib-tards are crowing on the intelligence and statemanship that Obama used in gathering the concensus for the NFZ. it just doesn't matter what this freak does, the love him and accept everything he does and says as 'brilliant', unlike the cowboy before him.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »
"He starts a war and leaves for Brazillia, cool."

There must be Golf courses he hasn't played yet.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 11:39:47 AM »

He just finished speaking. During the speech he used the phrase, "my citizens".
My citizens?  Does he own us?  That is why this will be a war, this person, still thinks that by his word it is so even though he is being led by the nose.  Who now has hold of that ring; is it Valerie Jarret or some international entity?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »

My citizens?  Does he own us?  That is why this will be a war, this person, still thinks that by his word it is so even though he is being led by the nose.  Who now has hold of that ring; is it Valerie Jarret or some international entity?

His citizens my ass.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »
He's made no case to his boss, us, the American People, for intervening in Libya.

He's delegated responsibility to minions and skipped the country.

He doesn't give a flying fornication if good troops die in a place they don't belong.

He is getting a free pass by Dem's and the MFM.

He doesn't have the support of congress.

He is a disgrace and I am not free to say anymore!

!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
He's made no case to his boss, us, the American People, for intervening in Libya.

He's delegated responsibility to minions and skipped the country.

He doesn't give a flying fornication if good troops die in a place they don't belong.

He is getting a free pass by Dem's and the MFM.

He doesn't have the support of congress.

He is a disgrace and I am not free to say anymore!

!
Rubber Bullets Fly at Anti-Obama Protest In Rio
http://blogs.forbes.com/kenrapoza/2011/03/18/rubber-bullets-fly-at-anti-obama-protest-in-rio-o-globo-reports/

A molotov cocktail was launched in front of the US consulate in Rio de Janeiro late Friday in protest of the arrival of President Barack Obama, the O Globo newspaper in Rio reported.  Military police reacted by firing rubber bullets into the gathering of 200 at around 18:30 local time. A CBN news reporter suffered a minor injury from the shots and traffic was blocked.

Thank God some people are still free to show Obama what a doosh he is.
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »

"my citizens . . .".

Well, duh. It's not like he can truthfully say my fellow Americans.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 03:34:56 PM »

"my citizens . . .".

Well, duh. It's not like he can truthfully say my fellow Americans.

::clapping::
 Filippo Mazzie