Author Topic: Mr. Roger's Remix  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Mr. Roger's Remix
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
Mister Rogers Remixed | Garden of Your Mind | PBS Digital Studios

So I am of the generation that grew up with Mr. Rogers, Captain Kangaroo etc, but even I find this trippy.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Mr. Roger's Remix
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »
Gotta love the auto-tune remixes. Some good creativity comes from that technology.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »
Hey.....I bet biden was thinking of Mr Rogers when he stated we will not need water, dirt or fertilizer to grow food...... Just think of it in the garden of your mind.

Some people are gonna starve to death.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
Gotta love the auto-tune remixes. Some good creativity comes from that technology.

Yea, I couldn't resist the temptation to buy one. I bought it for the harmonizer effects but discovered that it also did the hard vocoder sounds. I can emulate a pretty good "Rocky Mountain Way" talkbox without using the stupid tube  :D

Rock on Mr.Rogers!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »
Speaking of vocoders, being a dork for all things electronic music, I have in my possession a vintage Roland VP330 vocoder manufactured in 1981.  I don't think a better one has ever been made.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »
Speaking of vocoders, being a dork for all things electronic music, I have in my possession a vintage Roland VP330 vocoder manufactured in 1981.  I don't think a better one has ever been made.

Very nice! Now if I could just figure out how to use the thing!

Here's something I picked up at a garage sale for $5

I have no idea what (if anything) they're worth but it is fun to play with.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
For $5 I think you got a swell deal no matter what.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »
Speaking of vocoders, being a dork for all things electronic music, I have in my possession a vintage Roland VP330 vocoder manufactured in 1981.  I don't think a better one has ever been made.

Very nice! Now if I could just figure out how to use the thing!

Here's something I picked up at a garage sale for $5

I have no idea what (if anything) they're worth but it is fun to play with.

If it functions it's definitely worth something. Is yours the tube or the solid state model? I read up on those a while ago, and IIRC there were 4 models - 2 tube models, and later, 2 solid state models. Of course, it's the tube models that are the most desirable for audiophiles, and likely carry the most value. I have no idea whether you're talking hundreds or thousands, but any way you slice it, a functioning Echoplex is going to be worth many times over the $5 you paid.

Garage sales can be a great place to score big! People just don't know what they have sometimes.

ETA: I just did a cursory search and found THIS history and overview of the Echoplex devices. It may give you some clues as to the value of yours.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:18:14 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »
Mine is just like the picture shown. A 70's vintage solid-state SOS model. It still functions but I've since bouth digital devices that are much easier to use and give me essentially the same effects.