Author Topic: "Goodfella" Henry Hill  (Read 1641 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"Goodfella" Henry Hill
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »
'Goodfellas' Mobster Turned FBI Informant Henry Hill Dead at 69

Henry Hill, the famed mobster turned FBI informant whose life story was documented in the book "Wiseguy"- upon which Martin Scorsese's 1990 gangster epic "Goodfellas" was based - has died at the age of 69...

<snip>

...Hill was famously associated with New York's Lucchese crime family throughout the 1960s and into the 1980s. He began his life of crime at the age of 11 while growing up on the working class East New York section of Brooklyn by running errands for Paul Vario, a captain in the Lucchese family...

<snip>

...Hill became an FBI informant following a 1980 arrest on a narcotics-trafficking charge, and testimony he delivered led to 50 arrests.

Hill, his wife Karen and their two children entered the witness protection program and changed their names. They were relocated to several locations in Omaha, Neb., Independence, Ky., and Redmond, Wash...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: "Goodfella" Henry Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
That movie along with the first two installments of The Godfather are my favorite mob movies.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:47:02 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »
I like that one too. Another one I really like is "Donny Brasco", with Depp and Pacino. The tension in that movie from beginning to end is incredible. Another film based on a true story.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
Goodfellas is a great movie.  Scorcese does a masterful job of putting you in that character's mind and making you want to be a gangster yourself; and an equally masterful job of showing how it destroyed his life. The viewer is subject to the same "high" followed by the same crash.

Probably my favorite scene in that movie is when he pistol whips the sh*t out of that smug smartass who had tried getting familiar with his girlfriend. He just walks across the street and never utters a word until after the beatdown has been delivered.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »
Goodfellas is a great movie.  Scorcese does a masterful job of putting you in that character's mind and making you want to be a gangster yourself; and an equally masterful job of showing how it destroyed his life. The viewer is subject to the same "high" followed by the same crash.

Probably my favorite scene in that movie is when he pistol whips the sh*t out of that smug smartass who had tried getting familiar with his girlfriend. He just walks across the street and never utters a word until after the beatdown has been delivered.

You know how much restraint it takes to not do that to libnuts I come across?!  I deserve a Nobel prize! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »
The scene.  Badassery commences at the 1:00 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnk9MhnEpY
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 07:35:05 PM »
That movie along with the first two installments of The Godfather is my favorite mob movies.

No doubt.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie