Author Topic: Leftist anti-Mormonism on the rise  (Read 1723 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Leftist anti-Mormonism on the rise
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
LINK

According to American National Election Studies, nearly 35 percent of national respondents said in February they were "less likely" to vote for a Mormon. That's up nine points from 2007, when Pew found 26 percent of voters expressing concern about pulling the lever for a Latter-day Saint.

And here I thought the left was the party of diversity and inclusivism (yeah, I just made up a word! Sorry!  ::angel:: ).

Sure, I think he's nuttier than a bag of salted peanuts for being a Mormon. But I don't care a whit about his religious beliefs when it comes time to vote. All I care about then is 'who is the best person for the job' and by that I mean, who is the most conservative person in the race. I will vote for them every single time - no matter what their religious beliefs happen to be (with the exception of Islam - because at this point in history I do not believe that there is such a thing as a non-extremist Muslim and any Muslim aspiring to a political position in this country is only doing so in order to destroy the country from within).

I may even go so far as to vote for Romney over Obama if it turned out that Romney had a sexual propensity for goats every Monday night. No, scratch that. I would DEFINITELY still vote for Romney over Obama if that were the case.  
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Leftist anti-Mormonism on the rise
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
35% of people are hardcore leftists, so it makes sense such blatant bigotry caught 35% of the population.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »
35% of people are hardcore leftists, so it makes sense such blatant bigotry caught 35% of the population.

The left hates anyone and anything that doesn't fall in ideological lockstep with them. They say they hate mormons but it could just as easily be hatred of people wearing Nascar hats. They hate "the other" and therefore seek to use the government to force everone to either join their tribe or be persecuted.

The Mormons are crazy, but so what?
I think this little segment was the best thing South PArk ever did, and I am pretty sure the Mormon family they based on went to my High School. ( I sat next to Matt Stone in Spanish)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »
You sat next to Matt for real?  Sweet!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »

The left hates anyone and anything that doesn't fall in ideological lockstep with them. They say they hate mormons but it could just as easily be hatred of people wearing Nascar hats. They hate "the other" and therefore seek to use the government to force everone to either join their tribe or be persecuted.

The Mormons are crazy, but so what?
I think this little segment was the best thing South PArk ever did, and I am pretty sure the Mormon family they based on went to my High School. ( I sat next to Matt Stone in Spanish)

LOL....The segment was good.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
You sat next to Matt for real?  Sweet!

I was a senior and he  was a grade or two below me, so of course I pretty much ignored him and and vice versa. We weren't unfriendly, but I didn't hang out with him or see him outside of that class.
My littler sister, on the other hand, knew him pretty well.  She went to live in LA and apparently ran into him at a party - AFTER the movie came out. She, also being a libtard only interested in her own life, asked him what he had been doing.  He said, "Oh doing a little cartoon for Comedy Central called South Park.  My sister was clueless, and had no idea what a success he had become.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »

If you haven't seen the whole episode , clink the link below the clip to watch it. They spend 28 minutes making fun of mormons and then end with that

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »

If you haven't seen the whole episode , clink the link below the clip to watch it. They spend 28 minutes making fun of mormons and then end with that

I'll watch it tonite. Normally, SouthPark isn't on my "to do" list, but I could see the possibilities of an episode based on Mormons.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »
I think that the episode on the "Pious" and "Man Bear Pig" were better, but only marginally so. Gary's Vindication was excellent.