Author Topic: Children of same-sex parents suffer  (Read 819 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Children of same-sex parents suffer
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
Adult children of parents who have been in same-sex relationships are different than children raised in intact biological families on a number of social, emotional and relationship measures, according to research from the University of Texas at Austin.

Among other things, they reported lower income levels, poorer mental and physical health and more troubled current romantic relationships. The study found 25 differences across 40 measures.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765581831/Studies-challenge-widely-held-assumptions-about-same-sex-parenting.html

Yup, gay parents are harmful to happy families and healthy well adjusted kids.  Shocking.  Really, shocking.  UT is obvioulsly putting out a racist/sexist bunch of hooey, right?  Isn't that the BS we'll hear from the gays?  They're missing other factors, this BS, blah blah blah...

::)

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Children of same-sex parents suffer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:41:43 PM »
He lists seven concerns with the science, including the fact that "well-educated, relatively wealthy lesbian couples have been repeatedly compared to single-parent heterosexual families instead of two-parent marriage-based families." Single-parent families typically have poorer child outcomes across several measures, so it's easier to look better against them, he said.

There is another type of Lesbian besides wealthy and well-educated?  Shoot. I have never met one.
I would have expected the results to fall more in line with single parent. I wonder what the sample sizes are...  There just can't be that many married lesbians with Children.   I am kind of disappointed  they don't have gay men with children listed. I rather suspect they couldn't find enough for the study.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Children of same-sex parents suffer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
He lists seven concerns with the science, including the fact that "well-educated, relatively wealthy lesbian couples have been repeatedly compared to single-parent heterosexual families instead of two-parent marriage-based families." Single-parent families typically have poorer child outcomes across several measures, so it's easier to look better against them, he said.

There is another type of Lesbian besides wealthy and well-educated?  Shoot. I have never met one.

I had one; a cousin.  Died youngish and destitute; alcoholism.

I would have expected the results to fall more in line with single parent. I wonder what the sample sizes are...  There just can't be that many married lesbians with Children.   I am kind of disappointed  they don't have gay men with children listed. I rather suspect they couldn't find enough for the study.

As usual, I suspect the subjects and other particulars were skewed to produce the desired outcome.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"