Author Topic: Obadictator Decrees Young Illegals are Legal  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Obadictator Decrees Young Illegals are Legal
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »
The tolerance of people to put up with crap astounds me and sours my opinion of the general intelligence and fortitude of people in general.  A majority of people who are soft, lazy and ignorant does not make good base upon which freedom and liberty can rely on for survival. 

I hear you. But I also figure I am "people" to someone else who is just as frustrated as me. Fact is, we're all putting up with it. This is an example of that period before a "preference cascade". When that moment is reached we'll know whether it's truly been a case of apathy, or just a matter of people biding their time for as long as they were individually powerless to do anything.

I'm sure people in late-80s Eastern Europe thought their overlords were a permanent fixture, and they likewise thought they were a tiny minority in opinion.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 07:00:30 AM »
The tolerance of people to put up with crap astounds me and sours my opinion of the general intelligence and fortitude of people in general.  A majority of people who are soft, lazy and ignorant does not make good base upon which freedom and liberty can rely on for survival. 

I hear you. But I also figure I am "people" to someone else who is just as frustrated as me. Fact is, we're all putting up with it. This is an example of that period before a "preference cascade". When that moment is reached we'll know whether it's truly been a case of apathy, or just a matter of people biding their time for as long as they were individually powerless to do anything.

I'm sure people in late-80s Eastern Europe thought their overlords were a permanent fixture, and they likewise thought they were a tiny minority in opinion.

Good point G, but the people of Eastern Europe were more heavily oppressed and got by with a hell of a lot less and desired a lot more...our society is grossly pampered in comparison, and I fear the level of oppression required to reach that cascade event could be too high to allow us to act sooner when the issue could be better contested than later when it will be orders of magnitude greater to overcome. 

I think I just had a deja vu experience with my forebearers before the Revolution.

More Sons (and Daughters) of Liberty required!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
I heard Rep. King of IA was going to sue the Regime over this unconstitutional act, but I cannot find anything to confirm that.  Latest I see is this Schweikert bill, which no doubt Obama will veto and/or ignore anyway. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/233431-gop-proposes-bill-blocking-enforcement-of-obamas-immigration-policy

I want more open rebellion against the Regime, damnit!   ::angry::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.