Author Topic: Conservative Activists at Right Online Say Neil Munro Was Wrong But ...  (Read 1249 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
You have GOT to be kidding me! 

Neil Munro interrupted SCoaMF during his latest "I Decree" speech about illegal aliens, and the Right joins the Left along in tsking over "disrespect for the Office".

Politico reporter Tim Mak interviewed several conservative activists about Daily Caller reporter interrupting President Obama during the amnesty press conference yesterday.

The general consensus was that Munro may have been off on his timing, but the media was worse in making it the story and not Obama’s amnesty push.

Conservative bloggers at the RightOnline conference on Saturday assailed {Politico's word - P.} the Daily Caller’s Neil Munro for interrupting President Barack Obama during remarks at the White House – but tempered their criticism by arguing that such tactics wouldn’t be necessary if the president regularly took questions from the press and the media asked tough ones.

“I found it embarrassing. I like the Daily Caller, but I don’t think it’s appropriate to interrupt the president during a speech,” said Jon Fleischman, who writes the FlashReport on California politics. “It diminishes the stature of the office of the president of the United States, and Obama does that well enough for himself.”

…
    Munro said in a statement Friday that he though the president had finished talking when he asked his question. “I timed the question believing the president was closing his remarks, because naturally I have no intention of interrupting the President of the United States,” he said.

While those on the right frowned on Munro’s tactic, they also lamented what they described as the passivity of the White House press corps.

Who in THEE hell is John Fleischman anyway, and I've never heard of the FlashReport.  Politico goes on to quote the tut-tutting of a couple of other unknowns (to me), Melissa Clothier and Jim Hoft.  To be fair  ::)  it quoted a couple that pooh-poohed the "concern".

Good grief.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
The unknowns are the only ones they can find and they had to do some scraping at that !

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Not "only unknowns"; Jim Hoft is Gateway Pundit.

This kind of tut-tutting by and of our own side is REALLY PISSING ME OFF!  You'd think what the hell Munro did!  Oooooo, rude!  He interrupted the preznit; the guy who flips the bird on national tv?!  Big effing deal, people.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This is so typical of the Republicans who still think this is all a big gentlemanly parlor game.  They try to outdo each other in seeing who can come across as the most reasonable, temperate sort, and given the dominance of the Democrat-Media Complex the best way to do that is to toss a big turd into the conservative punch bowl. I'm telling you, these sorts are more of a problem than the actual Left.

What it ultimately is, is cowardice masquerading as civility and calm, reasoned intellect. It is no such thing. It's like these guys who are perpetual doormats, obsequious to women and not getting their hair up when some other dude tries to step in. Sometimes it is totally warranted to take a bar stool over someone's head. The Republican establishment is perpetually "that guy", passive to a fault.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
Feh.

I'm with Munro.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
What they're effectively saying is "let's continue to show the deepest respect and courtesy to the usurper who has just finished pronouncing legislation without using that whole legislative process thing". Oh yes, by all means. They positively glisten and glow with reasonableness!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
This is so typical of the Republicans who still think this is all a big gentlemanly parlor game.  They try to outdo each other in seeing who can come across as the most reasonable, temperate sort, and given the dominance of the Democrat-Media Complex the best way to do that is to toss a big turd into the conservative punch bowl. I'm telling you, these sorts are more of a problem than the actual Left.

What it ultimately is, is cowardice masquerading as civility and calm, reasoned intellect. It is no such thing. It's like these guys who are perpetual doormats, obsequious to women and not getting their hair up when some other dude tries to step in. Sometimes it is totally warranted to take a bar stool over someone's head. The Republican establishment is perpetually "that guy", passive to a fault.

We have to understand first as last that we're dealing with the nastiest MFers in our political history . We must govern ourselves accordingly . It's time to take off the gloves and give no quarter because they sure as hell won't give us any .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

We have to understand first as last that we're dealing with the nastiest MFers in our political history . We must govern ourselves accordingly . It's time to take off the gloves and give no quarter because they sure as hell won't give us any .

Agreed.  Long past time we step on libnut necks.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Levin ...

On his Tuesday show, returning from a brief hiatus, conservative talker Mark Levin, author of “Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America,” gave an emotional, and a at times angry, defense of The Daily Caller’s Neil Munro. Munro was criticized and maligned by a number of public figures after his ill-timed question of President Barack Obama during a Rose Garden speech on Friday.

Levin started out with criticism of the Republican response, which he called “pathetic-to-tepid” and chalked up to fear.

“They so fear standing up to a demagogue, they so fear the media, they so fear their own inability to discuss and debate these matters beyond what is superficial,” Levin said. “They act as if they are without any recourse.”

Levin went through a list of Republicans that he had expected more from, but then went straight to praising Munro.

“Then there was one person who did speak up — one person who spoke up when “el presidente” gathered the media around him outside the Oval Office on the White House grounds,” Levin said. “He gathered up the media to do what he always does — to tell them what to write, what to report, what to regurgitate to you. One little courageous soul — one little voice out of the pack — decided we have a president of the United States who is brazenly telling us that he’s going to violate the Constitution of the United States, a president of the United States who does not take questions after gathering around the reporters as he issues his pronouncements. And this reporter, this one voice decided to ask a question.”

But later after a commercial break, Levin erupted in disdain for the president and the backlash against Munro for his question.

“We have a president of the United States who’s literally destroying the future for your children,” Levin said. “He’s bankrupting the country. He’s balkanizing the country. He’s driving us from a constitutional republic — or what’s left of it — to something else. And this one reporter is the only one that has the guts to ask a question and he’s made out to be some kind of a devil. He’s the only one — the only one who wanted to ask a question. The hell is happening to this country?”

Levin suggested that if the president didn’t want these types of circumstances during his announcements, he should have simply put out a statement on the Internet.

“But he uses these damn fools who pretend to be journalists, and their media outlets, so when it’s reported from his mouth to your ears with these go-betweens, it’s reported as news,” Levin said. “Wow, breaking news. The only news is it’s getting worse.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Simple cowardice?

Sure looks that way to me!

I hate cowards!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.