Author Topic: Are you Buying guns? Cheaper than Dirt asks why  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Are you Buying guns? Cheaper than Dirt asks why
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
I immediately place such questions under suspicion. Why do they want to know why? They are selling a product, people are buying the product - end of story.

I guess my paranoia is showing.

A dab of paranoia here & there is what has kept our species going ;-)
I followed the link and read the comments, but did not otherwise participate either.
I guess that makes two of us!

(Welcome by the way)  :D

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
I immediately place such questions under suspicion. Why do they want to know why? They are selling a product, people are buying the product - end of story.

I followed the link and read the comments, but did not otherwise participate either.

It was an interesting read for me as well.  But don't those people know that what I can read, the government can read?  The site may be on the up-and-up, just curious as they imply, but Big Brother can flag them in an instant.

(Thanks, nice to be here among Patriots)  ;D

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 03:27:41 PM »

It was an interesting read for me as well.  But don't those people know that what I can read, the government can read?  The site may be on the up-and-up, just curious as they imply, but Big Brother can flag them in an instant.

I didn't participate either, but trust me, answering that question there probably wouldn't increase your footprint much.  If you had a NICS check done when you purchased your firearms, you are already on the list. If you have a CCW, you are on the list.  If you buy books at Amazon or with a credit card, you are on the list. If you post in a forum like this one you are on the list. Yeah, the government isn't supposed to keep records like that, but I have no doubt at all that is what they are doing, especially under this guy. One look at how the Justice Dept.  will tell you that. One of Borats first acts was to re-assert the surveillance policies of Bush AND expand them. They may not be looking at your info- and the sheer numbers protect you until you become a subject of interest, but if you do becomes such a subject, there is very little they won't know  once they do a little data mining.

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »

I didn't participate either, but trust me, answering that question there probably wouldn't increase your footprint much.  If you had a NICS check done when you purchased your firearms, you are already on the list. If you have a CCW, you are on the list.  If you buy books at Amazon or with a credit card, you are on the list. If you post in a forum like this one you are on the list. Yeah, the government isn't supposed to keep records like that, but I have no doubt at all that is what they are doing, especially under this guy. One look at how the Justice Dept.  will tell you that. One of Borats first acts was to re-assert the surveillance policies of Bush AND expand them. They may not be looking at your info- and the sheer numbers protect you until you become a subject of interest, but if you do becomes such a subject, there is very little they won't know  once they do a little data mining.

You speak the truth.  Of course, I am certain I'm on some list somewhere, even though I'm about as low key as I care to be.  My observation after reading some of those comments on cheaperthandirt was that some were just asking to be brought in for questioning.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »
I am officially on the list, as in, I am on the ATF's mailing list.  I have a C&R FFL so I get mail from the ATF frequently, mostly the same stuff they send to commercial FFLs.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »
  Why am I buying guns??None of your business!!Besides the wife said I could and that's the only power I answer to.OH and I have a sh*tload of ammo too.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie