Author Topic: Iran, Russia, China & Syria conduct military "exercise"  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Iran, Russia, China & Syria conduct military "exercise"
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:25:17 AM »
Thug Club

Yeah, uhh huh, we'll see how much "exercise" they get.

Frankly, if Obama wets his panties and uses this as an excuse to backoff retarded Syrian intervention plans, not an entire loss...he looks weak...again, and our people stay out of a mess not their concern.

Only if crap spills into Israel, baring that, don't give a damn what happens in Syria.  If they all kill each other off, fine with me.  Lay down with dogs...don't blame me for the fleas.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Iran, Russia, China & Syria conduct military "exercise"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »
I'm good with Syrians killing Syrians. Best outcome, of course, is Assad gets the full Kaddafi treatment at the end.

Downside is that we look weak and powerless. If we merely stayed out of it or (better yet) had the CIA air drop weapons and ammo to the opposition, that would be one thing. But to have President Zero ask the Russians to stay out of it and then they pretty much give him the finger...that hurts the USA brand on the world stage.

Weak and feckless.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:12:08 AM »
Reports out today that the British have thwarted the Russian helicopter delivery to Assad by canceling the ship's insurance.

Somehow I don't think that tactic will work on the two Russian warships heading there.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »
Reports out today that the British have thwarted the Russian helicopter delivery to Assad by canceling the ship's insurance.

Somehow I don't think that tactic will work on the two Russian warships heading there.

I am guessing no booze or (attractive) women in Tartus, so bring your entertainment with ya or be prepared for the most disappointing deployment of your naval career.

Maybe they'll provide entertainment for us by running into each other...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »
Man, does this picture speak volumes.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/two-men-barely-looked-each-other_647611.html

"And interestingly," CBS adds, "Apparently President Obama got a bit of a lecture from Putin about some other failed transitions that are going on around the world."

Vlad isn't even interested in hiding his disdain for the SCoaMF.  I'd like to feel sorry for Barry but truely he deserves disdain from everyone, even our enemies.  I feel embarassed that so many asshats in this nation chose this fool to lead the United States.  What a pathetic useless POS.  Damn all those people that inficted this jackass upon us!

::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »
We're going to need some steely-eyed, granite-jawed, badass to make up for Obongo.  Hope Romney's up to the impersonation.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 12:14:38 AM »
Yes, making up for Obongo.  This is sort of a separate tangent from the topic of the thread, but I was just thinking the other day, if Romney wanted to get off on the right foot with me he could announce a policy to the effect of "you can't work in my administration unless you went to a school I've never heard of before".  We've had near continuous rule by the Ivy League, and they've made a royal F'd up mess of everything.  It's like Buckley said, it'd be better to be governed by the first 400 names from the phone book than by the faculty of Harvard.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »

I think Romney's tough. 
The question is whether he's going
to be tough for us or tough on us.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:45 AM »

I think Romney's tough. 
The question is whether he's going
to be tough for us or tough on us.

Yah?  I hope so, CO.  But as for "us", depends on who that is.  If he's tough FOR us types, we're good.  If he's tough on THEM us-types here, he's going to have to do it; pull in the handouts and let business and industry run.  If THEM us-types want to eat, they'll be able to work.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:45 AM »
Heck, Mitt could tap people here and end up with a kickass team that would get necessary things done the right way.

But, yeah, here's hoping he doesn't stack the deck with the same old retreads.   ::praying::

Offline robins111

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm anything but a rolling on the floor, talking in tongues fundamentalist, however, recent events in the middle east are lining up quite nicely with biblical prophecy.. makes you think eh..

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:38 AM »
We're going to need some steely-eyed, granite-jawed, badass to make up for Obongo.  Hope Romney's up to the impersonation.

Maybe ... But Putin still has bigger jugs than Hillary . Romney better keep his shirt on .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 04:32:23 PM »

Obama has decided the US will remain neutral in the Syrian affair,
just like he kept us neutral in Libya. Isn't the Arab spring beautiful?

WASHINGTON

— A small number of C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government, according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers.

The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the officials said.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
Great.  Being in bed with the worst sort of trash and risking vital assets in a place where we should have little interesting if they aren't bothering Israel.

If some assets get snached we'd be lucky to be able to buy them back.

Idiots.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 05:45:23 PM »

Fox says, Syria shot down Turkish jet. 
                                                       More info to come.