Author Topic: Tone / civility / reaching across the aisle = Preemptive surrender  (Read 2363 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Tone / civility / reaching across the aisle = Preemptive surrender
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
So that's what I'm experiencing?  Futility?  All I know is it really sucks!   ::gaah::

Demoralized.  Absorbing new insults and injuries day after day, without being able to act, takes a toll on the psyche.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
So that's what I'm experiencing?  Futility?  All I know is it really sucks!   ::gaah::

Demoralized.  Absorbing new insults and injuries day after day, without being able to act, takes a toll on the psyche.

Less than  100 days and you can restore your psyche. I don't know about you but I'm buying fireworks and getting drunk right in the middle of my yard.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »

Less than  100 days and you can restore your psyche. I don't know about you but I'm buying fireworks and getting drunk right in the middle of my yard.

I am going to have to do that just to make voting for Mittens possible. Part of me wants to vote of Obama as his continued overreach might be the only thing that might wake the frog before its dead.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »
I'll get bombed, vote, then lay in my yard waiting to shoot something off...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 06:22:13 AM »

I am going to have to do that just to make voting for Mittens possible. Part of me wants to vote of Obama as his continued overreach might be the only thing that might wake the frog before its dead.
Feel'in the same way. Obamakovsky wins and it just might get the ball rolling.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
I sometimes feel that way too, but ultimately I just cannot in good conscience pass up a chance to eject him from office through the political process.

If the Republicans manage to control the White House and both chambers of Congress, we must, somehow, find a way of keeping them on a tight leash. For once, they need to actively push back and unravel things. It is no longer good enough (it never was, really) to be the party that treads water. We need to start delivering body blows to the Leftist apparatus that they have been putting in place for 100 years now.  The first thing that needs to be done is stop the rapid colonization of this country, both legal and illegal. We've taken in enough immigrants for a generation at least.

Of course I know what the odds of any of this happening are.  Then I am back to square one.  I just think they grossly underestimate the support they would get if they staked out bold positions and actually lived up to them. Wisconsin shows what can be done by actually delivering a body blow to the Democrat apparatus. I think the most important lesson from Wisconsin is "Yes, actually it can be done."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 11:30:59 AM »
GOP is ill-equipped at present to deal body blows...they specialize in just blowing...   ::)   ::unknowncomic::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »
Yes. That's the truth. I'm just hoping that maybe with the slowly changing composition of the GOP Senate, more of that mindset can take root.  I guess it's the Cruz upset of the GOP establishment choice, following the Mourdock upset, that at least gives a glimmer of possibility.

The people DeMint has worked to bring to the Senate are decidedly shots across the Establishment's bow.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »

McConnell's days are numbered and the numbers are small.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »
Yeah I keep wanting to see this happen, still waiting...the old guard has got to go, not sure time is on our side, but it is still a goal worth pursuing, could establish a decent preamble to the break up if anything, at least something better than the last time around...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »
More of that civil tone we keep hearing about from Leftist asshats...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/08/14/NBP-Threaten-Cracker-Republican-Tampa-Convention-Wont-Be-Tolerated-Our-Feet-Will-Be-On-Your-Necks

Democrat-Media Complex silence is deafening...

...I suppose we should wake them up by warning them that any race-baiting pimp feet anywhere near necks will be promptly hacked off and stuffed down their evil demon throats.

;)

Bring it on Spawn from Hell Michelle!

::pokeineye::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »
More of that civil tone we keep hearing about from Leftist asshats...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/08/14/NBP-Threaten-Cracker-Republican-Tampa-Convention-Wont-Be-Tolerated-Our-Feet-Will-Be-On-Your-Necks

Democrat-Media Complex silence is deafening...

...I suppose we should wake them up by warning them that any race-baiting pimp feet anywhere near necks will be promptly hacked off and stuffed down their evil demon throats.

;)

Bring it on Spawn from Hell Michelle!

::pokeineye::

Sum body gonna pop a cap in dat nigga.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »
Lotta caps need bustin'!

Head honky-hater and Mohammad butt-puppet Shabazz wants to kill white babies and stuff too!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-black-panther-woman-who-put-dead-or-alive-bounty-on-george-zimmerman-now-vows-to-keep-her-foot-on-motherfuing-necks-of-whites/

No word outta honky-hatin' Obama Regime or Holder's Dept of Injustice...

I'd say in light of such threats people outta march on these terrorists and kill them preemptively, there's enough evidence to make any trials short, threats are there for all to see!