Author Topic: Obama to Move Brigade of 3,000 US Soldiers to Africa to Battle Hunger  (Read 1442 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
A brigade of 3,000 US soldiers will be deployed to Africa to battle terrorism and hunger or whatever.

The Army Times reported:

A brigade will deploy to Africa next year in a pilot program that assigns brigades on a rotational basis to regions around the globe, the Army announced in May.

Roughly 3,000 soldiers — and likely more — are expected to serve tours across the continent in 2013, training foreign militaries and aiding locals.

As part of a “regionally aligned force concept,” soldiers will live and work among Africans in safe communities approved by the U.S. government, said Maj. Gen. David R. Hogg, head of U.S. Army Africa.

Tours could last a few weeks or months and include multiple missions at different locations, he said.

The Army has not announced which brigade would deploy or where the soldiers would come from.

As the Afghanistan war winds down, the new readiness model affords Army units more time to learn regional cultures and languages and train for specific threats and missions.

No.  They will not.  And Romney better stand on it.

I am sick and tired of our military being forced to "integrate" with locals intent on killing them while their hands are tied by suicidal ROE.  And we don't need to be teaching their "military" a friggin thing other than to NOT f**k WITH US.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
 ::gaah:: ::gaah:: ::gaah:: ::gaah:: ::gaah::

Putting our troops in harms way for no reason!  They'll get shot for driving a truck full of food.  We'll get news stories of how they're "connecting" with the locals...yada,yada,yada....

We're not to be the world's policemen but apparently we can be their servants....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
 ::bashing::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The military is NOT meals on wheels, NOT a police force, NOT a kiddy daycare.

They kill people and break things!!!!! ::outrage::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Just one more of the mountain of reasons I'll vote for Romney. Hell, the way Obama is destroying this nation, I may even enjoy it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I WILL enjoy pulling the little lever for Nobama, and whatever conservatives are running for Congress.

And then, the real work will begin.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

Yup.  They could start by fragging this jackass of a General.  Is there nobody in the Pentagon with any balls?  Not one general staff officer worth a damn who knows this is bullsh*t and will put their men and their mission ahead of their damned career and go over and tell that jackass in the Oval Office to go screw himself?

Son of a ... !

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars

Yup.  They could start by fragging this jackass of a General.  Is there nobody in the Pentagon with any balls?  Not one general staff officer worth a damn who knows this is bullsh*t and will put their men and their mission ahead of their damned career and go over and tell that jackass in the Oval Office to go screw himself?

Son of a ... !

Once you get a Pentagon assignment you are a political beast, no longer a soldier.  They are too worried about their career to be forceful.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

Son of a ... !

Once you get a Pentagon assignment you are a political beast, no longer a soldier.  They are too worried about their career to be forceful.

Principles, morals, the constitution and founding ideals in the declaration...all sh*t-canned.

And people call me a pessimist?  Hilarious if it wasn't so sad...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.