Author Topic: Conflicting visions in military preparedness  (Read 1736 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Conflicting visions in military preparedness
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »
First --

The U.S. military is guilty of political correctness toward domestic Islamic terror, according to a congressional report made public Wednesday that concludes al Qaeda is using U.S.-based Muslim radicals to plan mass casualty attacks.

“Homegrown radicalization is now the vanguard of al Qaeda’s strategy to continue attacking the United States and its allies,” said the report on domestic extremism by the House Homeland Security Committee. The report was based on several hearings held by Committee Chairman Rep. Peter T. King, New York Republican.

The report said evidence of the threat comes from recordings made public in Pakistan by the core al Qaeda terrorist group, as well from an English-language magazine produced in Yemen by two American jihadists. Additional evidence came from an American suicide bomber in Somalia who urged Muslims to wage “jihad in America.”

The report said violent Islamist extremism is “the No. 1 terrorist threat to this nation.”

Of particular concern, according to the report, is the threat posed by radical Muslims to U.S. military communities. The terror threat to military communities is “severe” and growing. It includes the use of “insiders,” like Maj. Niidal Hassan, the terrorist who carried out the 2009 Fort Hood shooting attack that killed 13 people and wounded 29 others.

The report faulted the U.S. military for “political correctness” toward Islam, which the report called a “potentially devastating development” for the security of troops and their families.

The Obama administration “chose political correctness over accurately labeling and identifying certain terrorist attacks appropriately, thereby denying Purple Heart medals to killed and wounded troops in domestic terror attacks,” the report said.

Here's the conflict --

Military instructor suspended over Islam course

The instructor of a college course that taught top military officers the United States was at war with Islam has been relieved of teaching duties and the course ordered redesigned to reflect U.S. policy, a military spokesman said on Wednesday.

The elective course at the National Defense University's Joint Forces Staff College included a slide that asserted "the United States is at war with Islam and we ought to just recognize that we are war with Islam," Pentagon officials said in April as they launched a review of the course.

Colonel David Lapan, a spokesman for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said on Wednesday a review of the course found that "institutional failures and in oversight and judgment" led to the course being modified over time in a way "that portrayed Islam almost entirely in a negative way."

"The inquiry recommends the course be redesigned to include aspects of U.S. policy and reduce its reliance on external instruction," Lapan said in a statement. It also recommended improving oversight of course curricula.

"The elective course's military instructor has been relieved of his instructor duties until his permanent change of station, which was previously planned for 2012," Lapan said.

The inquiry also recommended a review of actions by two civilian employees of the staff college to see if disciplinary action was warranted. A second military officer will receive administrative counseling, Lapan said.

General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, ordered the review of the course on Islam and military education in general after a soldier complained about the content of the course entitled "Perspectives on Islam and Islamite Radicalism" at the Joint Forces Staff College in Norfolk, Virginia.

Navy Captain John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, said in April that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was deeply concerned about some of the materials being taught in the course, such as the slide suggesting the United States was at war with Islam.

"That's not at all what we believe to be the case. We're at war against terrorism, specifically al Qaeda, who has a warped view of the Islamic faith," Kirby said.

Gee.  Wonder about who the soldier in question is.

Al Qaeda has not a warped view of islam; it demonstrates islam as it is.  Fer crissake, Erdogan, Turkey's head, has said as much himself!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Conflicting visions in military preparedness
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »

“Homegrown radicalization is now the vanguard of al Qaeda’s strategy to continue attacking the United States and its allies,” said the report on domestic extremism by the House Homeland Security Committee. The report was based on several hearings held by Committee Chairman Rep. Peter T. King, New York Republican.

The State Dept and PC Marxists (Is there a difference?) are directing the US Military,
who has an operational knowledge of our Constitution, into suicidal protocols. 
Insanity.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »
Domestic enemies.

I hope they can be rooted out before it is too late.

But I am not entirely hopeful it will be done...

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 04:18:59 PM »
More insanity ......

In February US soldiers in Afghanistan torched Korans that were used by captured terrorists to pass extremist messages back and forth to eachother. In response, Afghans rioted and attacked US bases. The “noble people of Afghanistan” stoned Bagram Air Force Base.

U.S. apologized to the “noble people of Afghanistan” for the improper disposal — burning, apparently — of Korans. The Korans reportedly had extremist inscriptions written in them.

This week a military court recommended discipline for the soldiers who burned the defiled Korans.

LINK
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
More insanity ......

In February US soldiers in Afghanistan torched Korans that were used by captured terrorists to pass extremist messages back and forth to eachother. In response, Afghans rioted and attacked US bases. The “noble people of Afghanistan” stoned Bagram Air Force Base.

U.S. apologized to the “noble people of Afghanistan” for the improper disposal — burning, apparently — of Korans. The Korans reportedly had extremist inscriptions written in them.

This week a military court recommended discipline for the soldiers who burned the defiled Korans.

LINK

I got this brilliant idea. Lets move military supplies using vehicles marked with a red cross.

When you corrupt the symbol, the symbol becomes meaningless. But as always, the left feels its a clever plan.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
More insanity ......

LINK

I got this brilliant idea. Lets move military supplies using vehicles marked with a red cross.

When you corrupt the symbol, the symbol becomes meaningless. But as always, the left feels its a clever plan.

I'm sure you must have heard:  the Army won't allow evac choppers to be armed because they're marked with the Red Cross and they won't allow unmarked, armed ones to evac the wounded.

Maybe you're right, Weisshaupt; maybe once TSHTF, we'll all be so overwhelmed with rage and release that we'll do horrible things from which there's no coming back.  Maybe.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
More insanity ......

LINK

I'm sure you must have heard:  the Army won't allow evac choppers to be armed because they're marked with the Red Cross and they won't allow unmarked, armed ones to evac the wounded.

Maybe you're right, Weisshaupt; maybe once TSHTF, we'll all be so overwhelmed with rage and release that we'll do horrible things from which there's no coming back.  Maybe.

The enemy respects nothing. Not even their own symbols.  If the Koran is so important, then don't use it to pass messages back and forth, and thereby endanger its meaning and sacredness. 

When dealing with barbarians you must be barbaric. I think we can come back from that, but we have to understand that are circumstances when its required, and what those circumstances are.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
I think barbarism is completely called for.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »

That's what they are that's what they understand.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
I think barbarism is completely called for.

Yes. Because Barbarism is the only thing barbarians can understand. Its the only rational response to the uncivilized. But that places the civilized in danger of becoming the thing they despise. No civilized man returns from war undamaged and whole. That is the sacrifice we honor and the debt we owe those who do what must be done.