Author Topic: Police chaplains told not to use the name of Jesus  (Read 804 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Police chaplains told not to use the name of Jesus
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »
As usual, I have to go to the foreign press to hear about these things.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2162608/Police-chaplains-told-invoke-Jesus-fear-upsetting-religions.html

Volunteer chaplains in North Carolina's Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department have been told not to use Jesus' name in prayers at public events held on government property.

Pastor Terry Sartain of Horizon Christian Fellowship told FOX News Radio he was informed of the change by his superior major just before he was about to give a invocation at a promotion ceremony.

'I was told chaplains can no longer invoke the name of Jesus on government property,' Mr Sartain said.

'[He said] if I could refrain from that during the invocation he would appreciate that.'

Mr Sartain said he was upset by the new rules.

'I'm very sad about it,' he continued.

'I'm a pastor and Jesus is the only thing I have to offer to bless people -- his life and his person.'

He said that he had used the name of Jesus in the past at police events and not had run into any barriers then.

He told the news station that he was informed the police department said he could still pray but they wanted chaplains to deliver a 'secular prayer.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2162608/Police-chaplains-told-invoke-Jesus-fear-upsetting-religions.html#ixzz1ySJeNnIZ

A "secular prayer"?  ::)  It's true, political correctness prevents all cognitive function.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Police chaplains told not to use the name of Jesus
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »
Next up, no real bullets in guns.  Why not?  We have no real criminals, no real crime.  Everything is happy happy happy!

Isn't fantasy fun?!

Defy the heathen, what are they gonna do, fire 'em all?  What would they end up with?  Crap nobody wants thats what.  Probably the only way to get rid of the brass making these retarded decisions.  Typical pc/diversity/multi-culti progressive trash...they make you punish the innocent as the only method of sacking the guilty, and they survive off the fear people have to make that kind of decision.

I would make that decision in a heartbeat.  Gotta see the bigger picture.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:32:14 PM »
Any Christian chaplain who abides by this is guilty of renouncing Christ.  During the first few centuries of Christianity there were martyrs who allowed themselves to be burned alive or thrown to the lions before doing so.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
If he were to say "May Obama bless..." that would be just fine with these ass clowns.
Why have a prayer or benediction if you cannot invoke the Lord's name? The outrage is too much. ::gaah::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.