Author Topic: Hello from West Texas!  (Read 9142 times)

Offline Gilead

• Newb
Hello from West Texas!
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
I am so happy to have discovered this site!  It has been quite awhile since I've formed an introduction, so I guess I'll begin with the basics.

My political affiliation is republican, but I define myself as a constitutional conservative (or as those on the other side of the aisle might say "a right-wing nut job").

I have been married to the same man for 25 years. We enjoy 4 x 4's and are avid "rock crawlers", so ya'll may have to endure pictures of our trips on occasion.

On slow days I have the liberty of posting from work (as I am doing now), but our internet goes down frequently, so forgive me if I'm in the middle of a conversation on a weekday and fail to reply for an hour or so.

Well, that's all for now. I'm ready to meet the folks around here and just get started already!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Hello from West Texas!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »
Welcome Gilead!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
May I ask how you stumbled on us here?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »
Thanks!

I've been looking for this type of forum ever since "uniteordie" went off line. I do post and lurk on FR, but it lacks the sort of camaraderie that I've grown to appreciate through the years.

I hope I'll get to know everyone better this week-end

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »
May I ask how you stumbled on us here?

I occasionally search under "conservative forums" to find a new place to post. I guess you could say I found you because I was looking for you!  ::USA::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
 ::bustamove:: ::beertoast:: ::grouphug::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »
Welcome! Pull up a chair and stay a while. ::danceban::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »

Dancing bananna, LOL! Thanks and nice to meetcha!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »

Nice to meet you!

All conservatives are welcome, but it's particularly nice to welcome another lady-con!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »

Nice to meet you!

All conservatives are welcome, but it's particularly nice to welcome another lady-con!

Thanks Pandora, what a nice thing to say. BTW, are we outnumbered?  ::foilhathelicopter::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »
Welcome aboard Gilead!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »

Nice to meet you!

Thanks Pandora, what a nice thing to say. BTW, are we outnumbered::foilhathelicopter::

By sex, yes, but not by attitude.   ;D

Best group of people I've ever had the good fortune to fall in with.  There's almost nothing that doesn't come up for discussion -- there's a "Member News" section for semi-personal type stuff we don't mind sharing -- food and cooking, gardening, "Faith and Family" if you're so inclined, and, of course, politicspoliticspolitics.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
Welcome aboard Gilead!   ::thumbsup::

Thanks Libertas, nice to meet you!

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »

Nice to meet you!

Thanks Pandora, what a nice thing to say. BTW, are we outnumbered::foilhathelicopter::

Best group of people I've ever had the good fortune to fall in with.  There's almost nothing that doesn't come up for discussion -- there's a "Member News" section for semi-personal type stuff we don't mind sharing -- food and cooking, gardening, "Faith and Family" if you're so inclined, and, of course, politicspoliticspolitics.

I've done some browsing around and there are some great discussions going on.  I enjoy political discussion, but I also like the personal touch of Member News forums, Faith and Family issues, definitely cooking and food and of course TEOTWAWKI! Where to begin, where to begin...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »

Nice to meet you!

I've done some browsing around and there are some great discussions going on.  I enjoy political discussion, but I also like the personal touch of Member News forums, Faith and Family issues, definitely cooking and food and of course TEOTWAWKI! Where to begin, where to begin...

I suggest you go here first; it's a short description of our history, so you'll at least have some idea what we're talking about when it's referred to.

Other than that, have at it.

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 01:28:57 PM »

Nice to meet you!

I suggest you go here first; it's a short description of our history, so you'll at least have some idea what we're talking about when it's referred to.

Other than that, have at it.

Thanks Pandora.  I did review some of those threads before I registered, but one question still remains.

What's up with you and sauce?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 01:56:46 PM »
 ::saywhat::

And so, it begins.  It's GRAVY.

::vafancoul::

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
::saywhat::

And so, it begins.  It's GRAVY.

::vafancoul::

LOL!   ::dueling::

I should say something nice at this point. AWESOME Star Wars History!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
Yep.  Credit to trapeze for that one.