Author Topic: Hello from West Texas!  (Read 9146 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Hello from West Texas!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
Welcome...welcome.
If you find something juicy don't hesitate to post it so we can all be dismayed or jubilantly happy.
After all is said in done with Obamakov the destroyer still on the prowl we need the heads up. machinegun
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 03:56:03 PM »
Welcome...welcome.
If you find something juicy don't hesitate to post it so we can all be dismayed or jubilantly happy.
After all is said in done with Obamakov the destroyer still on the prowl we need the heads up. machinegun

Will do warpmine! ::thumbsup:: 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »
Welcome. Texas is where I was born and raised. Lived in Midland at one time. Serious dust in that town.

Now if I can just get my friend from North Texas to join...
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »
Thanks!

I've been looking for this type of forum ever since "uniteordie" went off line. I do post and lurk on FR, but it lacks the sort of camaraderie that I've grown to appreciate through the years.

I hope I'll get to know everyone better this week-end

Gilead, don't be surprised to find it pretty quiet around here on the weekend. a lot of folks head for the hills or the water.  Welcome to IAL.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum G! Don't be a stranger (no stranger than the rest of us anyway!  ::angel:: )!

::thumbsup::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:41 AM »
Welcome aboard, Gilead!

/And just ignore the two with the sauce and gravy schtick.  Never had either one of 'em feed me sauce or gravy, and until they do, I'm neutral on the matter.

They do, however, both of 'em put on good spreads!
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 01:09:06 PM »
May I ask how you stumbled on us here?

I occasionally search under "conservative forums" to find a new place to post. I guess you could say I found you because I was looking for you!  ::USA::

And we've been here waiting,now that you're here you can consider yourself home. You know where the fridge is just get up and get it yourself.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
I am so happy to have discovered this site!  It has been quite awhile since I've formed an introduction, so I guess I'll begin with the basics.

My political affiliation is republican, but I define myself as a constitutional conservative (or as those on the other side of the aisle might say "a right-wing nut job").

I have been married to the same man for 25 years. We enjoy 4 x 4's and are avid "rock crawlers", so ya'll may have to endure pictures of our trips on occasion.

On slow days I have the liberty of posting from work (as I am doing now), but our internet goes down frequently, so forgive me if I'm in the middle of a conversation on a weekday and fail to reply for an hour or so.
 read.
Well, that's all for now. I'm ready to meet the folks around here and just get started already!

Welcome Gilead. I know you'll enjoy it here. I don't post much because the people here are great at typing wonderful thoughts. They more or less have better writing skills than I. The snarky and smarmy comments are also a joy to read.
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 08:17:35 AM »
Welcome. Texas is where I was born and raised. Lived in Midland at one time. Serious dust in that town.

Now if I can just get my friend from North Texas to join...

Wow! I'm just down the street from Midland (Odessa, of course  ;D)

Nice to meet ya!

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
Thanks!

I've been looking for this type of forum ever since "uniteordie" went off line. I do post and lurk on FR, but it lacks the sort of camaraderie that I've grown to appreciate through the years.

I hope I'll get to know everyone better this week-end

Gilead, don't be surprised to find it pretty quiet around here on the weekend. a lot of folks head for the hills or the water.  Welcome to IAL.

Great minds do think alike!.  We went to see some friends this week-end, had a BBQ swam in the pool, I was hoping ya'll wouldn't miss me too much. ;)

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 08:26:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum G! Don't be a stranger (no stranger than the rest of us anyway!  ::angel:: )!

::thumbsup::

Their is a certain amount of strangeness ingrained in my character anyway - there's no place like home.  ::danceban::

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
Welcome aboard, Gilead!

/And just ignore the two with the sauce and gravy schtick.  Never had either one of 'em feed me sauce or gravy, and until they do, I'm neutral on the matter.

They do, however, both of 'em put on good spreads!

I couldn't quite figure that one out.  My MIL used to make what she called "tomato gravy" - looked like sauce to me, but I definitely put bacon GRAVY over my biscuits..

Offline Gilead

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 08:38:20 AM »
May I ask how you stumbled on us here?

I occasionally search under "conservative forums" to find a new place to post. I guess you could say I found you because I was looking for you!  ::USA::

And we've been here waiting,now that you're here you can consider yourself home. You know where the fridge is just get up and get it yourself.

I already feel at home, thanks so much.

It's too early for beer, so I'll just grab that bottle of OJ in the back.. ::grouphug::