Topics > The "Educators"

Kids badly sunburned on field trip because "the law is a a$$"

(1/3) > >>

Pandora:
Parents of Point Defiance Elementary School children were horrified after their kids were severely burnt on field day.

--- Quote ---State law prohibits use of sunscreen at the school unless the students have a doctor’s note.

Jesse Michener was horrified Tuesday evening when she returned home from work to find two of her three daughters severely sunburned after field day at Point Defiance Elementary School.

It was raining when the girls left for school Tuesday morning, but the sun came out midday and ended up burning Violet and Zoe so severely that their mother took them to Tacoma General Hospital that evening.

Tacoma Public Schools policy prohibits teachers from putting sunscreen on students.

Students can apply their own, but are required to have a doctor’s note authorizing them to use it.

District spokesman Dan Voelpel says the doctor’s note policy is actually based on a statewide law, and is aimed at preventing kids from sharing sunscreen with someone who might have an allergy. He says there are many students in the district with allergies to common additives in sunscreens and lotions.

Parents are encouraged to apply sunscreen before sending their children to school, or dress them appropriately for sunny weather.
--- End quote ---

This is Washington State.  Who there puts sunscreen on herself, much less a kid, when IT'S RAINING?!

A local site, KATU, issued the initial report.  I read the comments.  "Survey SEZ! -- it's all Mom's fault".  And, after all, there is A LAW.    ::outrage::

Gilead:
I'm beginning to believe it is becoming dangerous to send children to public schools.

Lunch confiscations, bodily injury, sexual predators, political indoctrination. ::bashing::

Weisshaupt:
Sending a Kid to public School is child abuse.

If the kids are 6 or younger, I would expect the teacher to be informed of the allergy ( if not the child themselves-- swelling up like a balloon usually gets a child's attention - I had other kids in my kindergarten who were well aware and would announce an allergy if it would possibly kill them)  Past that, I would expect the kid would know what might kill them and expect them to not grab a product that might kill them. 

Oh. Right.  We cant expect anyone to be responsible anymore. Lets punish the group because certain people are idiots

Pandora:

--- Quote ---Sending a Kid to public School is child abuse.
--- End quote ---

Roger that.

See the latest entry on the "Culture Watch:  Black Trash Edition"   http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,1148.msg69334.html#msg69334

These are examples of the other ferals-known-as-kids in school-attendance with the normals.

S0N_of_trapeze:
  Past that, I would expect the kid would know what might kill them and expect them to not grab a product that might kill them. 

Oh. Right.  We cant expect anyone to be responsible anymore. Lets punish the group because certain people are idiots

[/quote]

Punishing the group can be effective when used at the right times but making a law against sun screen? some law makers make it seem like they flunked out of special ed. common sense seems to be draining out of the human race faster than Niagara falls. the movie Idiocracy comes to mind. pretty soon they will post a law saying we can only water our lawns with Gatorade....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version