Author Topic: Hey Obama.... about that Nobel Peace Prize...  (Read 1336 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Hey Obama.... about that Nobel Peace Prize...
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:51:17 PM »
Tommy DeSeno at Ricochet points out the obvious.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Enters Third War

The American Tomahawks have been launched.  Congressional approval of the action against Libya is as easy to find as hen's teeth.  Mick Jagger is writing a song about the President called "sweet neo-con" (oh wait, only Republicans can be neo-cons).

Good thing a Peace Prize winner is in charge.

Who can forget his beautiful words on limiting presidential war powers that gave us such hope for change to finally come to the way America waged war, like this:

"The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."  December 20, 2007

Or this:

"Now let me be clear: I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. The world, and the Iraqi people would be better off without him. But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history."  March 27, 2007

Or this:

"I think the first question is whether we should have gone into the war in the first place. Six years ago, I opposed this war because I said that not only did we not know how much it was going to cost, what our exit strategy might be, how it would affect our relationships around the world, & whether our intelligence was sound, but also because we hadn’t caught bin Laden."  Septmeber 26, 2008

Or this gem about priorities:

"What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war....What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income." October 2, 2002

Oh and here is a glimpse into the money you and I will be expected to spend later on:

"We have to have humanitarian aid now. We also have two-and-a-half million displaced people inside of Iraq and several million more outside of Iraq. We should be ramping up assistance to them right now. But I always reserve the right, in conjunction with a broader international effort, to prevent genocide or any wholesale slaughter than might happen inside of Iraq or anyplace else."  February 11, 2008

Barack Obama - He's George Bush with a Peace Prize.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: Hey Obama.... about that Nobel Peace Prize...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »

This is the dawning of the age of Odysseus, the age of Odysseus! ooooo
This is the dawning of the age of Odysseus, the age of Odysseus!
Odysseus! ooooo

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revalation
And the mind's true liberation

Changes you've been waiting for
Odysseus
Odysseus

Feel the change brother

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
When you need strength, know that you are never alone.

It is the trials we face in life that shows who we are.

The following 10 positive affirmations are designed to help the weary patriot. They are worded in the first person so as to emphasize the personal, individual nature of these statements.

* I will renew my dedication to work tirelessly for what is right, for liberty, truth, and common sense in government.

* I believe that in the end the good will ultimately win over evil.

* “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” Philippians 4:13. (For Christian patriots).

* “But they that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings as eagles. They will run and not be weary. They will walk and not faint.” (For Jewish patriots).

* I will not be deterred by opposition no matter how fierce or how formidable.

* “Give me liberty or give me death.”

* I am endowed by my Creator will certain unalienable rights that no government and no earthly power can legitimately negate.

* I believe in the power of the one, the individual, who always takes precedence over the collective.

* I will take responsibility for my own life, my own choices, my own course, and refuse to allow my fellow citizens to take such responsibility, either through government or any other entity, except through voluntary expressions of assistance if there is a need.

* I believe in the American dream, the shining city on a hill, where all citizens have the equal opportunity to succeed, not where all citizens are forced to be ‘equal’ in the name of ‘social justice.’

http://crockettlives.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/crocketts-caution-and-affirmations-for-patriots/
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »
That’s the way I feel about America, the America of my youth—the former Land of the Free and Home of the Brave (& the Brooklyn Dodgers).  The principles and promises of that America are in my blood forever.
Crockett Lives

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 04:28:13 AM »
When you don't know whether to  " Sh*t , Piss or Go Blind " .... Punt and go to Brazil !

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »

This is the dawning of the age of Odysseus, the age of Odysseus! ooooo
This is the dawning of the age of Odysseus, the age of Odysseus!
Odysseus! ooooo

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revalation
And the mind's true liberation

Changes you've been waiting for
Odysseus
Odysseus

Feel the change brother

Damn. Spewed coffee on the keyboard with that one. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:49:47 PM »
"I am endowed by my Creator will certain unalienable rights that no government and no earthly power can legitimately negate."

That!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 02:15:57 PM »
I'm reminded of a true story from the mid 1960s . Harry Truman was being interviewed by a young journalist who was asking the former president for his views on current affairs and specifically about various high level individuals in the news . The journalist finally got around to Civil Rights and asked Truman ; " Mr. President , what do you think of Dr. Martin Luther King ?"  Truman answered ; "Not much ." To which the journalist countered ; " But Mr. President , Dr. King was awarded The Nobel Prize !"  Truman responded ; " Well , I didn't give it to him !"

Great moment in history !

charlesoakwood

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »
"No one can say how this will end"???

"Change is not something we should fear"?

What a deluded crazy sonofabitch!

The jackass just admitted his strategy is no strategy other than lobbing missiles and sitting back and seeing what happens next!

Are you fricken paying attention America?  Your President is completely nucking futs!

::gaah::

Worst disaster in American history BAR NONE!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.