Author Topic: Help me Gunsmith!  (Read 3544 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Help me Gunsmith!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
Copy that, Soup.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 11:56:54 AM »
Thanks Gunsmith, I downloaded the owners manual for the 336. I haven't dived in yet, as I've been busy and want to make sure I can begin and finish in the same sitting.

If I run into issues you'll be the first one I contact!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
  Are we pinning the web sight for future needs?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »
Nag!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 12:24:14 AM »
Thanks Gunsmith, I downloaded the owners manual for the 336. I haven't dived in yet, as I've been busy and want to make sure I can begin and finish in the same sitting.

If I run into issues you'll be the first one I contact!

Update?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »
Any progress on this, IDP?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »

Embarrassingly, no. I've sat down to digest the manual a couple different times, and the breakdown and reassembly complexity compared to my other firearms is daunting. It's not in my face (rifle hunting isn't for a couple months) so I've been procrastinating on it, but I have half a mind to find someone who will accept a few bucks to lead me through it while I observe, or instruct me while I do it. I don't want to be bringing a bag of parts to a gunsmith. Either that or I will just buck-up and take it apart, trusting that I'll figure it out.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »

Embarrassingly, no. I've sat down to digest the manual a couple different times, and the breakdown and reassembly complexity compared to my other firearms is daunting. It's not in my face (rifle hunting isn't for a couple months) so I've been procrastinating on it, but I have half a mind to find someone who will accept a few bucks to lead me through it while I observe, or instruct me while I do it. I don't want to be bringing a bag of parts to a gunsmith. Either that or I will just buck-up and take it apart, trusting that I'll figure it out.

Just do it over a glass of wine. ;D
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 11:35:27 PM »

Gunsmith asks that you PM the link to the manual you''re using; he'll take a look at it and advise, and he'll walk you through it -- on the phone -- if you want.

Pandora sez do what he asks; he's busier than a one-armed paper-hanger right now and if he says he'll make time, he will.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 12:10:20 AM »

A glass of 100º wine vineger ya mean? Smartass?
 ::dueling::

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »

Gunsmith asks that you PM the link to the manual you''re using; he'll take a look at it and advise, and he'll walk you through it -- on the phone -- if you want.

Pandora sez do what he asks; he's busier than a one-armed paper-hanger right now and if he says he'll make time, he will.

That's a wonderful offer that I will gladly accept.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 12:32:16 AM »

Ah, now ye be finally a-catchin' on to his tactics.  He's a tricky cove, he is.   ;D

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 08:29:04 AM »

not at all I'm betting it's still good.
 Filippo Mazzie