Author Topic: Asbury Park Urged To Enforce 40-Year-Old Law Banning Bathing Suits On Boardwalk  (Read 408 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
If Ordinance Is Enforced, Violators Could Face $2,000 Fines, 90 Days In Jail

A Monmouth County ordinance banning people from wearing bathing suits on the boardwalk was passed more than 40 years ago but has largely been forgotten. It says: “No person clad in bathing attire shall be on the boardwalk or the public sidewalks adjacent thereto.”

Louise Murray, 74, former councilwoman, wants the law enforced lest ...

“We’re going to end up like any other seedy boardwalk in some seashore town,” she said.

Apparently, Asbury Park has been "coming back" because by the time I left NJ twenty years ago, it already WAS a seedy town with a seedy boardwalk.

And then there's the included comments by the usual suspects ...

A few people believe the movement is targeting the gay community that has been instrumental in the revival of Asbury Park.

Which gay "community" may be part of the problem.  Gay men are not exactly known for their modesty. 

Taken with today's "standards" as regards attire, the normals with their butt-floss and pasties passing as "bathing suits" aren't helping either.

On the other hand, it IS the beach, fer cryin' out loud.

This is what happens when commonsense isn't common, and because throwing on a shirt and a pair of flipflops is troublesome.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"