Author Topic: Some history on Chief Justice John Roberts  (Read 865 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Some history on Chief Justice John Roberts
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »
I have a question. Who suggested him to Bush? Why am I catching a whiff of Rovians?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 01:54:13 AM »
'Cause your smeller is in excellent working order.

I'm sure a confirmation of that is in one of Auster's linked pieces there somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:57:31 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:01:53 AM »
It should never be forgotten. In a society with a dominant liberal culture such as ours, a person who is not explicitly conservative will tend to be liberal, and will inevitably turn more and more liberal over time.

A reader writes:

You are absolutely right to invoke that rule about liberals and conservatives, of which the leading example is four of the seven Republican justices.

If Coulter is right, this choice would be consistent with Rove’s The Butthead's and Bush’s steady strategy of keeping the foolish social/religious conservatives on board by deception and with crumbs.

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/003744.html

ETA -

In his White House memoir, “Courage and Consequence,” Karl Rove The Butthead recalls being the lone non-lawyer among the group of George W. Bush aides who initially interviewed John Roberts for the Supreme Court in 2005. Rove The Butthead asked Roberts to go back in history to name the justice whom he most revered. Roberts’ answer, Robert Jackson, intrigued and reassured Rove The Butthead. When appointed in 1941, Jackson was serving as Franklin Roosevelt’s attorney general and had been expected to be a pro-New Deal rubber-stamp on the court. But, as Rove The Butthead put it, Jackson “instead demonstrated a fidelity to the Constitution that Roberts admired.”

It’s also why back in 2005 Karl Rove The Butthead may have badly misinterpreted John Roberts’ stated intention to be an independent jurist like Robert Jackson.

The Butthead gave us the traitor Roberts
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:07:31 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »
Damn.  I seriously did not know any of that, I just had a gut instinct that the TPOS had his fat little fingerprints all over this. I mean, he is the author of every other debacle from the G.W. Bush administration so it was an easy guess to make.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
Always delve into your instincts young one, the force is strong with you.   ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 12:39:02 PM »
Knowing what we know now, (thank you, Mr. Auster) we should not be surprised at whatever rolls out of the Roberts Court from now on.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
Yeah, not surprised...just nauseated and pissed off.

Great, like I need more of that?!

::bashing::