Author Topic: Colorado Fires  (Read 1332 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Colorado Fires
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »
Ya know the words "0% containment" are not what you wanna hear from officials!

::speechless::   ::exitstageleft::

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-wildfire-erupts-grows-control-083818669.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Colorado Fires
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »
Time for the ridiculous:

Authorities now say 20 of Utah’s wildfires this year were started by target shooters, compared to 24 in total last year – with three months left in the western wildfire season. The Dump fire near Saratoga Springs, Utah, started near a landfill when the spark from a bullet hitting a rock set off a patch of grass, which then quickly spread, fueled by dry conditions and gale-force winds.

Colorado officials are also trying to figure out if the 1,200 acre Lake George wildfire was sparked by a ricocheting bullet.

LINK
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
Time for the ridiculous:

Authorities now say 20 of Utah’s wildfires this year were started by target shooters, compared to 24 in total last year – with three months left in the western wildfire season. The Dump fire near Saratoga Springs, Utah, started near a landfill when the spark from a bullet hitting a rock set off a patch of grass, which then quickly spread, fueled by dry conditions and gale-force winds.

Colorado officials are also trying to figure out if the 1,200 acre Lake George wildfire was sparked by a ricocheting bullet.

LINK

I didn't see anything in the way of proof. Did the have any?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »
Not that I saw either, and it appears none was demanded by the usual gun-banning suspects.

It would have to be a one in a kabillion thing for a ricocheting bullet to strike off a flame, but I'm sure the ATF could "manage" it if a practical demonstration was demanded.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
And precisely how often does it happen on military bases, who on a daily basis go through many thousands of rounds in training exercises?  I call BS on this too.

Most wildfires are caused by lightning, and in arid areas of the West it's a part of the natural order of things.  It certainly does follow a pattern with this regime, they just immediately jump to some other avenue of attack when they're not getting anywhere with the previous one.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »
And precisely how often does it happen on military bases, who on a daily basis go through many thousands of rounds in training exercises?  I call BS on this too.

Most wildfires are caused by lightning, and in arid areas of the West it's a part of the natural order of things.  It certainly does follow a pattern with this regime, they just immediately jump to some other avenue of attack when they're not getting anywhere with the previous one.

There are far more fires started by illegal aliens and their camp fires than ever have been by shooting.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
I'd say too many Interior Dept bureacrats shuffling papers caused the damn thing.  Stray bullet my   ::cussing::  !
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:50:14 AM by Libertas »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:17:23 PM »
We we paying special attention to the Lake George fire, since its near the teotwaki place. Local story was someone was using a propane tank as a target.  If I get a chance to bring it up with my sheriff deputy neighbor I will and see if I can get the truth.  However, its entirely possible it was some yahoo or arsonist.  There have been multiple fires in Guffey county this year and in past years, and many residents suspect they have an arsonist about. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 06:51:27 AM »
The arsonist better hope the authorities get to him before the landowners do.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
It's only a matter of time, with our policy of not letting things burn naturally.  These tinderboxes build up over decades and eventually we can't contain it anymore.  Because of our previous policies, the disaster is many times magnified.

I like woods too, but they're not meant to be lived in.  They're meant to burn naturally, every few decades or so.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »
It's only a matter of time, with our policy of not letting things burn naturally.  These tinderboxes build up over decades and eventually we can't contain it anymore.  Because of our previous policies, the disaster is many times magnified.

I like woods too, but they're not meant to be lived in.  They're meant to burn naturally, every few decades or so.

Northern Colorado and much of the Mid-section were struck by Pine Beetle in the last 10 years, killing millions of trees unable to resist the onslaught because they were grown too thick and close.  There are entire hillsides covered with dead sticks.  We saw the result in the Ft Collins fire this year.  Its only a matter of time before Breckenridge, Dillon and Keystone go up in smoke.

The Colorado Springs fire of course is going without that sort of help...