Author Topic: Happy 4th of July, my American Brothers & Sisters  (Read 3440 times)

Offline robins111

Happy 4th of July, my American Brothers & Sisters
« on: July 04, 2012, 07:31:34 AM »
I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy 4th of July.    I'm lucky enough to be able to see the fireworks show at Niagara Falls from the Canadian side....   Have a great day, and enjoy the Bar-B-Q's, etc.

::beertoast::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Happy 4th of July, my American Brothers & Sisters
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 07:35:16 AM »
Thank you Robin.

My wife and I will be taking my sons to the Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper concert in Milwaukee tonight.

Road trip!

::beavisbutthead::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Thank you Robin.

My wife and I will be taking my sons to the Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper concert in Milwaukee tonight.

Road trip!

IDP... you better slow down a alot before EauClaire.

car jump
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:50 AM »
Nothing particularly spectacular going on here...the local fireworks were last night and a good show as always over Chesapeake Bay.  The local shows are usually staggered around the 4th here so that people going to the National Mall for tonight's show can see both.

I'll be puttering about, potting plants most likely, while attempting to elude the zucchini that has appropriated the front of the house (is it normal for them to start yelling "Feed me!" when they get chest high?)

But I will take a few minutes this afternoon to polish some ammo.

Just because I can.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 08:10:06 AM »
IDP... you better slow down a alot before EauClaire.

car jump

::speechless::  ::fail::  ::praying::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 09:04:39 AM »
Happy Independence Day

I shore am thinkin about gittin myself some!

::rockets::

::USA::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 09:11:39 AM »
This July 4th it’s time to tell another tyrant we’ve had enough
By Coach Collins, on July 4th, 2012

By Kevin “Coach” Collins

In the summer of 1776 our Founding Fathers gathered in Philadelphia to decide not whether they would tell King George III they had had enough, but how to word their message.  They wanted nothing about our Declaration of Independence to be ambiguous.

They explained that it had become necessary to dissolve the political bands that connected them to England because they were entitled by God to have certain inalienable rights the British Crown refused to recognize.  Our Founding Fathers confidently proclaimed the truths they relied upon were self-evident. To ground their declaration in logic they presented a list of evils and abuses George III had committed. It reads like a criminal indictment.  Here are some of the charges they listed against the English King.

He refused to follow laws.

He forbade state governors from passing laws that would benefit their people. Moreover he completely ignored laws he didn’t like.   

He refused requests for laws that would help people unless the districts they lived in agreed to give up genuine representation in their legislature.

He obstructed the laws for naturalization of foreigners.

He obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.

He made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He erected a multitude of new offices, and sent out swarms of officers to harass our people, and “eat out their substance.”

He combined with others to subject Americans to a jurisdiction foreign to us and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation.

He imposed taxes on us without our consent.

The similarity between our predicament in 1776 and what Barack Obama has inflicted upon us today is eerie.  With no alternative our Founding Fathers picked up guns and took to the streets to fight for their freedoms. We can’t do that today, but we can take to the streets and work to win our freedoms in November. When you do we must vote conservative.

http://www.coachisright.com/this-july-4th-its-time-to-tell-another-tyrant-weve-had-enough/

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »

By Kevin “Coach” Collins

In the summer of 1776 our Founding Fathers gathered in Philadelphia to decide not whether they would tell King George III they had had enough, but how to word their message.  They wanted nothing about our Declaration of Independence to be ambiguous.

They explained that it had become necessary to dissolve the political bands that connected them to England because they were entitled by God to have certain inalienable rights the British Crown refused to recognize.  Our Founding Fathers confidently proclaimed the truths they relied upon were self-evident. To ground their declaration in logic they presented a list of evils and abuses George III had committed. It reads like a criminal indictment.  Here are some of the charges they listed against the English King.

He forbade state governors from passing laws that would benefit their people. Moreover he completely ignored laws he didn’t like.   

He refused requests for laws that would help people unless the districts they lived in agreed to give up genuine representation in their legislature.

He obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.

He made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He erected a multitude of new offices, and sent out swarms of officers to harass our people, and “eat out their substance.”

He combined with others to subject Americans to a jurisdiction foreign to us and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation.

The similarity between our predicament in 1776 and what Barack Obama has inflicted upon us today is eerie.  With no alternative our Founding Fathers picked up guns and took to the streets to fight for their freedoms. We can’t do that today, but we can take to the streets and work to win our freedoms in November. When you do we must vote conservative.

http://www.coachisright.com/this-july-4th-its-time-to-tell-another-tyrant-weve-had-enough/

We can’t do that today,

Huh?  Why not?  What happened to the signers of the Declaration?
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
Thank you Robin.

Road trip!

I'm envious of that.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy 4th of July.    I'm lucky enough to be able to see the fireworks show at Niagara Falls from the Canadian side....   Have a great day, and enjoy the Bar-B-Q's, etc.

::beertoast::

Thanks!

Planning a trip to the range.

Not much to celebrate after the leftists put a dagger through the heart of liberty via the supreme court's obamacare ruling.

So my fireworks will be shot off at the range today and tonight will be spent in mourning.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 11:00:47 AM »
Went to church.

Will read the Declaration aloud with family later. Watching fireworks tonight.

I will honor my ancestors who fought in the War for Independence.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »
 ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 11:07:35 AM »

It's good to have family and friends 'cause we
sure don't have a Republic.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »
Means nothing to me. Happy Re-Dependence Day everyone.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

By Kevin “Coach” Collins

We can’t do that today,

Huh?  Why not?  What happened to the signers of the Declaration?
Why not indeed.

Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
The fact that so many feel they have to make a conspicuous show of pooh-pooing that kind of talk is part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »
I'm guessing this must be a particularly painful week for the prez--all that jingoist American rah-rah stuff.  Must explain his schedule for today:

No public schedule
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »
I'm guessing this must be a particularly painful week for the prez--all that jingoist American rah-rah stuff.  Must explain his schedule for today:

No public schedule

The SCoaMF is the most despicable and evil person to have ever occupied the White House bar none!

I will celebrate the Founders and the Principles upon which our liberty and freedom was established and honor those who fought for it and fought to maintain it.

Beyond that my celebratory mood is severely dampened by the latter day Americans who led us to the sorry state of affiars we find ourselves currently in.  The unlimited power of the Federal government to dominate our lives has never been higher, our Founders would recoil in complete horror at the chains we have put on ourselves.  They would be arguing to seperate from this phony republic as vociferously and violently as they did the English tyranny of their time.

I look at that Romney ad and I am reminded more of what we have lost than I am hopeful of what we can ever hope to regain.  If freedom and liberty are to be regained, it will not be by peaceful political means.  That has to be obvious to even the most densest of Americans if they honestly search their souls.

This is the most agony I have felt on a 4th of July in my lifetime.  I fear my agony will only increase from here on.

I want to shake every person I see and get them to wake up to what is being taken from them, but it seems to be a futile effort.  Most will not realize the tyranny until it has them by the throat and by then they will have no response other than resigned submission.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.