Author Topic: Privacy? We don't need no stinkin' privacy!  (Read 863 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Privacy? We don't need no stinkin' privacy!
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »
LINK

Politicians recognize they give up a degree of privacy when they run for office.

But Democrats are testing the outer limits of that understanding with a practice that raises questions about when campaign tracking becomes something more like stalking.

While most serious campaigns on both sides use campaign trackers — staffers whose job is to record on video every public appearance and statement by an opponent — House Democrats are taking it to another level. They’re now recording video of the homes of GOP congressmen and candidates and posting the raw footage on the Internet for all to see.

A glimpse into the future for ordinary citizens under democrat rule...

...oopse, I just went a bit crazy there didn't I? Yeah - that future's already here. They already do this to ordinary citizens now don't they?

AIG execs.
Donors contributing to republican politicians.
Drones within the borders of the US spying on civilians.
Etc...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

Re: Privacy? We don't need no stinkin' privacy!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

America the Beautiful, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
America the Thugocracy, courtesy of the Democrat Party.

Rebellion should be rampant and physical.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »
I guess conservatives are just going to "take the high road" all the way to their unmarked mass graves.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
Yeah, fighting blindfolded with both hands tied behind your back and a gag in your mouth, that is how you win.

/

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
Actually, it's been here for a while. The invention of the iphone has made privacy for anyone a thing of the past. You don't have to worry about big brother. It's your neighbor that'll be watching.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 07:10:38 AM »
I had a really weird code come up on my phone last night.  I figured it was SkyNet/TheRegime checking up on me.  Go ahead, check up on me.

PS-If I suddenly disappear it will be by nefarious means, if I go Galt I'll tell people!   ;)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 08:18:44 AM »
LINK

Within the next year or two, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will instantly know everything about your body, clothes, and luggage with a new laser-based molecular scanner fired from 164 feet (50 meters) away. From traces of drugs or gun powder on your clothes to what you had for breakfast to the adrenaline level in your body—agents will be able to get any information they want without even touching you.

And without you knowing it.

LINK

The Department of Homeland Security will soon be using a laser at airports that can detect everything about you from over 160-feet away.

Of course the argument will be made: You don't have to ride a plane, so therefore any expectation of privacy at the airport is void. And then that will, of course, be applied to buses - oh yeah, and then to interstate travel while in your personal vehicle...

Yeah, and then there will be no expectation of privacy anywhere.

This affront to liberty ranks right up there with being taxed now simply because you breathe oxygen in the United States thanks to Obamacare.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:22:58 AM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »
LINK

Within the next year or two, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will instantly know everything about your body, clothes, and luggage with a new laser-based molecular scanner fired from 164 feet (50 meters) away. From traces of drugs or gun powder on your clothes to what you had for breakfast to the adrenaline level in your body—agents will be able to get any information they want without even touching you.

And without you knowing it.

LINK

The Department of Homeland Security will soon be using a laser at airports that can detect everything about you from over 160-feet away.

Of course the argument will be made: You don't have to ride a plane, so therefore any expectation of privacy at the airport is void. And then that will, of course, be applied to buses - oh yeah, and then to interstate travel while in your personal vehicle...

Yeah, and then there will be no expectation of privacy anywhere.

This affront to liberty ranks right up there with being taxed now simply because you breathe oxygen in the United States thanks to Obamacare.

This has been their grand workaround, the notion of "voluntary" forfeiture of rights. Almost every activity one engages in the course of a normal existence now has all sorts of conditions attached to it. They say that technically your rights are not violated, because you still have the (meaningless) option of not doing the thing that now has all these conditions tied to it. So by engaging in those activities you are "voluntarily" giving up personal liberties. It's their all-purpose template now. Notice the logical similarity with the Obamacare ruling? "No, the government isn't forcing you to purchase a market commodity, it's just that if you don't you'll have to pay a punitive tax. You still have the right to not purchase the commodity."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »
When did we give it up?

I was and still am bothered by the idea that dropping a kid off at school forfeits that kids rights and the parents rights.  I don't understand why parents allowed that.

On the other hand, if you wish to kill that kid before birth then you got privacy!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
Look!  Rome is burning!

(Crickets)