Author Topic: Romney’s original health reform goals differed from final plan  (Read 390 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Mitt Romney has spent a lot of time defending himself over the Massachusetts health care law.

But there’s another way to judge his health care record: Look at what he wanted to do.

And what he wanted to do was a bit different than what happened after he signed the law as governor.

Jim Quinn read a piece on the air detailing the differences between what Romney wanted and what he was able to get.  I didn't catch the author's name; until I can listen again to the podcasts in order to find it, this is a sample of what I heard.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Romney’s original health reform goals differed from final plan
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:15:24 PM »
We all know what happens to nuance in elections.  The risks of a Romney nomination were known by all, now we are left to see how Romney handles things on this issue and we are expected to accept the narrative as policy and that the people will understand and be suitably impressed?  Dispense with nuance, laugh off Democrat-Media Complex talking points and focus solely on Obamacare's nightmarish catastrophic effects on healthcare and the economy as the imperative that it be repealed, period.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:51:49 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Romney’s original health reform goals differed from final plan
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
 ::rimshot::