Author Topic: Dark Matter  (Read 682 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Dark Matter
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
Dark Matter - supposed to comprise 80% of the matter in the universe, yet this latest analysis seems to indicate it exists in filaments?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/07/09/dark-matter-scaffolding-of-universe-detected-for-first-time/

I dunno.  80%?  Gotta be some real dense filaments to comprise 80% of everything!  Look at the stuff we can see and measure!

Not quite as full of holes as global warming/global cooling/climate change (or whatever they call that BS!), but they have a ways to go to settle this debate...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Dark Matter
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:56:59 PM »
Funny how they grasp at straws at something that nobody really cares about. Instead they should be looking for ways to make our existence better and more efficient. Like the warmist cult they've invented a nice little niche to pour valuable money into. I would have preferred that they do the research necessary for development of fusion or fourth generation fission reactors. Is the answer going to solve any real problems on this planet? I didn't think so......and this coming from a person that loved cosmology, astrophysics and astronomy.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
Don't be so quick to deride pure science as inconsequential to our daily lives. Like just about anything you can think of, pure science is subject to the law of unintended consequences. What I mean by that is that you never know where the next big thing is going to originate from.

Few people would have predicted all of the consumer benefits, for instance, that resulted from the drive to put a man on the moon. Not the least of these is the very micro-electronic technology that allows us to have personal computers.

Who knows, really? We might see nothing come from this but the odds are that we will. What those things might be I will not hazard to guess. But I'll be happy to benefit from them.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »
I agree with that Trap, but one has to be careful not to get sucked into the Democrat-Media Complex exploiting that sentiment as an orgument for big expensive government endeavors on all levels as well as guarding against having the quest for Dark Matter hijacked by people merely pimping for taxpayer funded grants.  As we all know, oversight of such measures coming out of Congress is, well, there is not much oversight nowdays...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.