Author Topic: NAACP vs. Romney  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
NAACP vs. Romney
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
Regardless of how you feel about Romney , it took guts to go before the NAACP ( Negroes Are Actually Complaining Pricks ) today and tell the truth . Of course they didn't like having their boy Stymie criticized even obliquely by mentioning black un-employment but to excoriate him simply for telling the truth shows the real  "content of THEIR character" .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NAACP vs. Romney
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
Booing the repealling of Obamacare was rude, classless and petty...and expected from people programmed into believing they cannot live without craddle-to-grave government handouts funded by governmental theft from the productive members of society.

I would have gone in there and challenged them, crucified every bullsh*t tenet of stupidity they foolishly cling to!

But Romney is not me, or you or anybody here...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »

NAACP has been absorbed by the communist race baters.
Romney new he was walking into a setup good on him.
He showed them who and what he is and they are better
off for it.  He went to them and gave them the opportunity
to listen he didn't avoid them.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
I would have been more impressed if he had just refused to go. It's not like any of them are going to vote for him, so why grant legitimacy to the false notion that they are open to reasoned persuasion?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
I would have been more impressed if he had just refused to go. It's not like any of them are going to vote for him, so why grant legitimacy to the false notion that they are open to reasoned persuasion?

I dunno...If he went just to appease or as an appeaser, I'd agree. While I may heve been more direct, he did not temper the message.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »

Daily Caller

“If you want a president who will make things better in the African-American community, you are looking at him,” Romney said. “You take a look.”

“I know the President will say he’s going to do those things, but he has not, he will not, he cannot, and his last four years in the White House proves it, definitively,” Romney said.

“If our goal is jobs, we have to stop spending over a trillion dollars more than we take in every year,” he said. “And to do that, I’m going to eliminate every non-essential expensive program I can find. That includes Obamacare.”

After pausing while the crowd yelled “no,” Romney broke from his prepared remarks to argue the law keeps employers from hiring new people.

“I say again, if our priority is jobs, and that’s my priority, that’s something I’d change.”

Romney, who complimented the organ music being played at the convention before his address, also received applause at times throughout the speech. He notably drew applause for saying he’d protect traditional marriage.

“I can’t promise that you and I will agree on every issue,” he said. “But I do promise that your hospitality to me today will be returned.”

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »
Stuck on the obama plantation......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 03:12:23 PM »
I said it in the other thread. They'll vote for ANY brotha befo dey vote fo a cracker.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
  He was smart enough to go because he knew damned well that all the networks were going to cover it and the speech he gave wasn't all about them. He gave plenty to us. He knew that reversing Bambi care wasn't going to fly there but he said it anyways,and got boos for it.

In the end who the hell is the NAACP anymore?They're bankrupt like all good libs.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 06:52:16 PM »
Oh, I dunno.  Kira seemed to think he did pretty well:

To Rep.Cleaver:This Message was NOT Pre-Approved by the NAACP

And apparently he also got a[n] (unreported by the MSM) standing O at the end.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
  It gives me hope to see a young person of color that gets it.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »
I would have told them that it would be presumptuous to address a foreign nation when not the president.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »
"Racism" a word invented by a communist, Trotsky to deride his critics. Kinda says it all.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
"Racism" a word invented by a communist, Trotsky to deride his critics. Kinda says it all.

It really does, doesn't it.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »

As you all know I am no fan of Mitt Romney. I accept that he is the nominee and I will vote for him but I'm not enthusiastic about him as the nominee.

But...

If he does more stuff like this I might change my mind and become slightly enthusiastic.

The safe thing to do would, in fact, have been to not go. And, throwing caution to the wind and going anyway, the safe thing to do then would have been to steer clear of the obvious trouble areas like DumbassCare. Even safer than that (if he was going to talk to the professional race whores) would have been to pander. Because that's what they expect...to be pandered to. They have always been pandered to. It is a rare thing indeed for someone to introduce reality to an NAACP convention.

Romney, not being known for stupidity, knew what he was getting into. He knew damned good and well who he would be addressing, what their sacred cows were and what would and would not piss them off. So why did he do this?

One reason has to be that, for Romney, this is where the votes are. He is going to have a lot of demographics locked up. I won't name them because I think we all know which ones they are. But the black demographic is one he isn't going to win. But he could peel off a percentage point or two. That is possible. So...why not try?

The fact of the matter is you have to ask for people's votes. You shouldn't assume that they are going to just give them to you. This is a fundamental principle in "sales." And a presidential campaign is, reduced to its lowest common denominator, a sales pitch. You will close few if any sales if you neglect to ask for the sale. It costs you nothing to ask and more often than you would think people will say, "yes." But if you don't at least ask for it a very large number of fence sitters will assume you don't want their business and shop elsewhere or not at all. So I think that this was a good reason to make this speech at this venue. I think he should do it again and again and again. This is O'Bongo's turf and it's smart to spend a little time poaching on it.

Another reason to do this is that it demonstrates to the idiots that he is not afraid of blacks, that he is not a racist, that he can give a speech to a black audience. Who are the idiots? The much vaunted independents. The obnoxious moderates. The David Brooks and David Frum's of the world. The squishes. The people who typically get their news from pop culture. If Romney had not done this they could have said to themselves (because that's mainly who they talk to) that Romney is a hater. That he doesn't care about the black community. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. But now that easy out is closed to them. They can't say that Romney can not and will not talk to the black community. That spoils their day, takes that non-issue away from them and might cause a few of them to give Romney the benefit of the doubt in November.

Think of this also as a sort of "Sister Soulja" moment where Romney could have pandered but didn't. He went in there and told the NAACP what reality is. This actually impresses a lot of people on the right that he has guts and nerve. I admit, I'm one of them. If he hadn't gone at all I probably would have (if I had even heard that he hadn't gone) thought that it was smart and that's where I would have left it. But because he did go and because he did have the balls to tell the idiots what the truth is, well, it made the news...so I did hear about it and I did have the opportunity to have my opinion about him changed slightly for the better. This shores up the base and that's a good thing.

Now, imagine (if you can) any comparable speech that O'Bongo could make like this one. I honestly can't. I don't see how there could be any kind of a comparative situation for a leftist...anything that would have any kind of ring of truth to it, that is. I mean, I guess O'Bongo could have shown up at the NRA convention and "spoken truth to power" about gun violence or some other such bit of liberal nonsense but it would have been just that, nonsense. Liberals can't speak truthfully about what is in their heart of hearts because it's contrary to freedom and liberty and it's almost always antipathetic to reality. Conservatives (or those faking it) can say these things to anyone, even the Marxists at the NAACP, because the arguments hold up, they pass muster. It only takes the courage to speak them. And Romney for whatever reason decided to do this.

So, I'm impressed, I'm pleasantly surprised and I'm perfectly willing to give credit and kudos where it's due.

And it is due. More, please.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
I give Mittens two thumbs up   ::thumbsup::  ::thumbsup:: (shocked, ain't cha?!)

I like walking into the lions den with my head held high and telling it like it is. Yes it was probably a throwaway - but maybe not so much given that Øbozo couldn't find the time to chill wit his homies.

I still would have preferred to watch gNewt bloody Øbozo's nose but I think Mittens may yet git 'er done.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
What would dot the "i" to this event would be a truly imaginative and inspired pick for veep (since they are hinting that it will come sooner rather than later).

Dazzle me or disappoint me, Mitt.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »
Another facet of Romney's addressing the NAACP is the importance of addressing the role of non-blacks in achieving civil rights equality in the US.

Romney's father certainly deserves the kind of credit accorded MLK and others for their roles in the Civil Rights movement.  Therefore shouldn't Mitt have as much right to address the black community with as much legitimacy as Cora King, or a Jesse Jackson, Jr.?

It's high time somebody went to the black community and said, "Your leaders are screwing you over, and this is how I am going to fix that."

Same thing.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
Another facet of Romney's addressing the NAACP is the importance of addressing the role of non-blacks in achieving civil rights equality in the US.

Romney's father certainly deserves the kind of credit accorded MLK and others for their roles in the Civil Rights movement.  Therefore shouldn't Mitt have as much right to address the black community with as much legitimacy as Cora King, or a Jesse Jackson, Jr.?

It's high time somebody went to the black community and said, "Your leaders are screwing you over, and this is how I am going to fix that."

Good luck wid dat. They know it but as long as they get stuff for free they're more than willing to bend over.Generations of it has made it the norm for them.If thier not getting screwed by their own who the hell is going to do it and keep them happy? They'll be lost with out direction from their new masters.
 Filippo Mazzie