Author Topic: This is your town on leftism  (Read 1347 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
This is your town on leftism
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:16:45 AM »
LINK

Facing the same financial stressors that pushed San Bernardino toward bankruptcy, cities across California are slashing day-to-day services and taking other drastic actions to skirt a similar fiscal collapse.

For some, it may not be enough.

"There are likely to be more in the future, but it's hard to know, since a lot of struggling cities may manage to work things out,'' said Michael Coleman, a fiscal policy advisor for the California League of Cities. "Some cities may not go into a bankruptcy, but they may dissolve. They may cease to exist.''

THIS IS WHAT LEFTISM DOES!

People in this country need to learn this lesson. For now however, those people living in states like California have made their beds and now they get to lie in them. I'll be dammed if I'll feel sorry for them AT ALL and I'll fight tooth and nail if/when the federal government gets around to 'bailing out' such states as they are 'too big to fail', etc.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: This is your town on leftism
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
Rush also mentioned Scranton, PA yesterday.  The town is down to $5000 in its accounts.  The Democrat mayor just put all city employees, including fire and police, on minimum wage.

Reality is not optional. We're finally there.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
Nowhere in any of this have the words "retirement benefits" been mentioned.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »
Nowhere in any of this have the words "retirement benefits" been mentioned.

Of course, if cities dissolve into nothing.....it won't matter. But I understand the point. No one wants to address the 800 lb gorilla that put most cities to the point of dissolving.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
Rush also mentioned Scranton, PA yesterday.  The town is down to $5000 in its accounts.  The Democrat mayor just put all city employees, including fire and police, on minimum wage.

Reality is not optional. We're finally there.

We're in the chute and picking up speed.  It is literally all down hill from here.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.