Author Topic: Misbehavior at 9-11 Memorial - kids kicked out  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Misbehavior at 9-11 Memorial - kids kicked out
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »
I don't where to put this, obvious the racial mix and background of the mids is missing, but bottom line - how do these kids not see throwing crap at a Memorial where over 2000 Americans died as disrespectful?

BadYouths

::whatgives::   ::outrage::
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:20:54 PM by Pandora »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Misbehavior at 9-11 Memorial - kids kicked out
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
“No one was disrespecting. It wasn’t nothing like that,” the student said. “No one was being serious. Everyone was kind of bored and it was just something to do.”

I have no doubt they were bored because they haven't been properly instructed in any freaking thing, much less what that Memorial means and how horrific was the event that spurred it's building.  So, they took to tossing stuff into the pool to "see what would happen" because nobody dared slap some respect into their heads.

And just because I MUST, what the hell kind of Memorial is one that imitates the giant crater that was left after the two Towers debris was removed?  Where's the connection to what was there before?

Aaarrrggghhhhhh!

Libertas, I edited your title to read "Memorial" instead of "Memorail" because ... well, "what the hell is a memoRAIL?!" would have been my thought every time I looked at it. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:26:24 PM »
And just because I MUST, what the hell kind of Memorial is one that imitates the giant crater that was left after the two Towers debris was removed?  Where's the connection to what was there before?

We are an enfeebled, decrepit, rotting civilization.  The vultures have been eagerly circling overhead for some time now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

We are an enfeebled, decrepit, rotting civilization.  The vultures have been eagerly circling overhead for some time now.

Yea, but our little darlings' self esteems are at an all-time high thanks to the enlightened attitudes of our leftist "educators".  ::pokeineye::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »

Yea, but our little darlings' self esteems are at an all-time high thanks to the enlightened attitudes of our leftist "educators".  ::pokeineye::

that's the thing-- it's not really...

it's faux self-esteem.  The kids are told they have self-esteem but they don't know what that is.  People with real self-esteem know they have it because they gained it from doing things like working hard, making sacrifices, etc and thus they don't act like pigs and idiots.  Self-esteem is an empty idea to many kids so they continue to act as they do even though everyone keeps doing stuff for their self-esteem.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »
“No one was disrespecting. It wasn’t nothing like that,” the student said. “No one was being serious. Everyone was kind of bored and it was just something to do.”

I have no doubt they were bored because they haven't been properly instructed in any freaking thing, much less what that Memorial means and how horrific was the event that spurred it's building.  So, they took to tossing stuff into the pool to "see what would happen" because nobody dared slap some respect into their heads.

Aaarrrggghhhhhh!

Libertas, I edited your title to read "Memorial" instead of "Memorail" because ... well, "what the hell is a memoRAIL?!" would have been my thought every time I looked at it. 

No problem Pan, I've already corrected one of my other errors from yesterday as well.   ::facepalm::

I agree there has been a massive failure to instill basic respect into these youth, and that it happens in this city at this place is not encouraging.  I also agree I would not have made the memorial in this fashion.  I always thought the best monument would be to build two brand new towers even more spectacular than the first.  And a nice street-level garden area with a plaque memorializing the victims somewhere in the design would have given survivors and Friends of the fallen a quiet place to visit.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.