Author Topic: Republican Congressman tells Tea Party the Constitution is a losing issue  (Read 569 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Bravo, ladies.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, the gals got a full set, Lil' Paula is a eunuch!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
........it is rife within the GOP.

::gaah::

The GOP better learn that they DON'T speak for conservatives. We'll get this country back. One way or another.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
........it is rife within the GOP.

::gaah::

The GOP better learn that they DON'T speak for conservatives. We'll get this country back. One way or another.
Yeah, right!
Never without the required civil war blood letting.

Wake me up when the people have had enough bullsh*t. ::popcorn::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I don't see Gosar as guilty as charged.  From the limited amount that was recorded, he's not saying to abandon the Constitution, or not to go by the Constitution, but that, as so many people do not "believe in it", a plan is needed to get us back to Constitutional order.  It's not enough to say to folks who don't give a rat's, "THIS is unConstitutional", because they don't care.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
The GOP better learn that they DON'T speak for conservatives...

Conservatives better learn the same thing. Some, like us, understand. But there are too many people who believe that just getting enough Republicans will make the world right.

The rescue of America is all on us. Conservatives who get it have to do it, or it will never get done. If we are to be successful, it will have to be in spite of the GOP as it exists now, and we need to understand that in many instances, the GOP will be an obstacle, not a willing partner.

I'm not saying anything we don't all know. But talking heads and GOP leadership act as if the truth I just laid out is not so.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I don't see Gosar as guilty as charged.  From the limited amount that was recorded, he's not saying to abandon the Constitution, or not to go by the Constitution, but that, as so many people do not "believe in it", a plan is needed to get us back to Constitutional order.  It's not enough to say to folks who don't give a rat's, "THIS is unConstitutional", because they don't care.

Well if he was trying to say a way has to be found to get them to understand and to care he sure went about it the wrong way!  It sure gave the impression to me he was viewing unconstitutional acts as a PR issue and I think Constitutional principles shouldn't have to pass PR muster, it makes it sound like it is just another commodity that can be bought or sold at whim.