Author Topic: "Tax freedom day" now pushed all the way to July 15th  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"Tax freedom day" now pushed all the way to July 15th
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:14:09 AM »
H/T: Joe Miller*

You've probably heard the figure about what point in the calendar year you begin to earn money for yourself rather than the government.  The last figure I heard was sometime in May, which is bad enough, but it is now calculated to be July 15th.  That is 54% of the calendar year.  Another way to look at it is, in a standard 8 hour day, you spend 4 hours and 19 minutes working for the government and only the remaining 3 hours and 41 minutes working for yourself.

Welcome to Obamanomics.

http://joemiller.us/2012/07/another-obama-first-americans-now-toil-over-half-the-year-just-to-support-the-burden-of-government/

* the guy who should be Senator of Alaska right now
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "Tax freedom day" now pushed all the way to July 15th
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
Riots should have ensued along time ago, but here we are past Independence Day and still its hard to see a majority of people pissed about it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "Tax freedom day" now pushed all the way to July 15th
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »
A side illustration of the evils of taxation, bureaucracy and the complete assholes that occupy this grotesquely obese sector - I am in a running battle of appeals over the past 6 months with the MN UI assclowns.  Due to an input error in their system, a person we did not employ in my BIL business they are trying to say we owe back taxes etc.  The error arose from the fact that we had two people in our PR system that had the same first name, and when I input off our reports into their online system I duplicated the error.  I corrected as I thought I was expected to and then letters started come saying we missed the deadline to appeal, so I appeal that, yadda yadda yadda.  Thing is their goofy-assed system is often not up on weekends when most moonlighters and small businessmen have time to do this bureaucratic bullsh*t.  It is beyond infuriating that these overpaid power-mad Commissars are not acknowledging the error and respecting the correction that was done (getting things right is of ZERO concern to these Fascist bastards!) but instead are hung up on their own self-imposed deadlines.  I don't give a flying fornication about their deadlines, I care about right.  We are at a standstill and I expect the next move will be these assclowns trying to garnish us or otherwise seize funds.  They do that and the level of sh*t coming their way is going to increase exponentially.  Heck, I should deduct what they intend to steal from us via current withholding to unfrack us!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.