Author Topic: Tax your home?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Tax your home?
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:05:44 PM »

I received this via e mail.....and i'm always leery of this type of stuff, but in regards to obama, noyhing surprises me anymore.

http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home

HOME SALES TAX

I thought you might find this interesting.

The National Association of Realtors is all over this and working to get it repealed, -- before it takes effect. But, I am very pleased we aren't the only ones who know about this ploy to steal billions from unsuspecting homeowners. How many realtors do you think will vote Democratic in 2012?

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home, etc. When did this happen? It's in the health care bill, -- and it goes into effect in 2013. Why 2013? Could it be so that it doesn’t come to light until after the 2012 elections? So, this is ‘change you can believe in’?

Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% sales tax.

If you sell a $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation, -- who often downsize their homes. Does this make your November, 2012 vote more important?

Oh, you weren't aware that this was in the ObamaCare bill? Guess what; you aren't alone! There are more than a few members of Congress that weren't aware of it either.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Tax your home?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
Perhaps this bit of rampant theft afoot will wake up the slumbering dolts not yet aware of said theft occuring across the board.

Or not.

NIMBY/OX Syndrome and all...

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
Unfortunately, it's true, and it is in the Obamacare bill.  Several reliable internet sources have been discussing it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »
My understanding  is that its a capital gain tax..not sales, so it should only be on profit...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
My understanding  is that its a capital gain tax..not sales, so it should only be on profit...

And obama is taking care of any profits selling a home.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 06:38:39 PM »

Also true.  Another 3.8% on top of the long-term (over a year) of 15%.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
Notice the opening line (emphasis mine):

Beginning January 1, 2013, ObamaCare imposes a 3.8% Medicare tax on unearned income of “high-income” taxpayers which could apply to proceeds from the sale of single family homes, townhouses, co-ops, condominiums, and even rental income, depending on your individual circumstances and any capital gains tax exclusions.

Like the individual mandate they are attempting to sell it by claiming that "only the 1% mean old rich people" are affected. Naturally even if true that "truth" only applies for the time being and, just like rust never sleeps, leftists never leave anything alone.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »

Like the retired rich they are already raping with false interest rates.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:18:38 PM »
I wonder if any enterprising tax attorney's have looked at this through the lens of usury laws.

::saywhat::

Might as well look at all the Constitutional violations while they're at it.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 09:59:36 PM »
I wonder if any enterprising tax attorney's have looked at this through the lens of usury laws.

With an "outcome based" SCOTUS why bother?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 06:44:26 AM »

With an "outcome based" SCOTUS why bother?

There is that.  I guess an argument can only be made for filler, something to pass the time before the bullets fly...might as well give more people more rope to wrap around their necks, eh?