Author Topic: MSNBC guest suggests Romney’s use of the term ‘kitchen cabinet’ is racist  (Read 1063 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The political term “kitchen cabinet” was coined in the early 1800s to describe the group of informal advisers around President Andrew Jackson. According to a guest on MSNBC’s “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” on Wednesday, however, the term is “culturally insensitive.”

Mark Thompson, host of SiriusXM’s “Make It Plain,” told host Lawrence O’Donnell that Mitt Romney should not have used the term at the NAACP convention in Houston.

“This might have been a small thing, but it’s important for people to understand,” Thompson said. “You cannot be culturally ignorant. He singled out one African-American who came with the 20 in his entourage as an African-American that was in his kitchen cabinet in Massachusetts, and he promised that he would remain in his kitchen cabinet if he was in the White House.”

According to Thompson, mentioning African-Americans and kitchens at the same time is a bad idea.

“To talk about being in the kitchen and not talk about an African-American actually being in your cabinet is really not a good metaphor to use with African-Americans,” he said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/12/msnbc-guest-suggests-romneys-use-of-the-term-kitchen-cabinet-is-racist/#ixzz20i1sMRF9

I'm not even going to pretend I understand his rationale except it has something to do with Blacks and kitchens, and that's bad.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Go to the kitchen and get me beer and a sammich!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
You're asking for way too much if you expect the lib media to use logic.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Got that right.  They can't even spell or come up with original writing!  Logic?  Might as well ask if they can fly!

RickZ

Owebama has a Bath House Cabinet, so why's that Thompson clown bitchin' about the word 'kitchen'?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
How sad for MSNBC. First, they have no ratings. Second, they must grasp for subject matter. Pitiful.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
that's just plain stupid...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."