Author Topic: Downstream of Green  (Read 1770 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Downstream of Green
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:59 PM »
From Belmont Club:

The Daily Mail looks at the Chinese industrial area supplying the magnets for Europe’s clean wind farms. It’s a wasteland. The Chinese industrial area that is.

The reality is that, as Britain flaunts its environmental credentials by speckling its coastlines and unspoiled moors and mountains with thousands of wind turbines, it is contributing to a vast man-made lake of poison in northern China. This is the deadly and sinister side of the massively profitable rare-earths industry that the ‘green’ companies profiting from the demand for wind turbines would prefer you knew nothing about.

Hidden out of sight behind smoke-shrouded factory complexes in the city of Baotou, and patrolled by platoons of security guards, lies a five-mile wide ‘tailing’ lake. It has killed farmland for miles around, made thousands of people ill and put one of China’s key waterways in jeopardy.

This vast, hissing cauldron of chemicals is the dumping ground for seven million tons a year of mined rare earth after it has been doused in acid and chemicals and processed through red-hot furnaces to extract its components.

But the Chinese don’t vote in British elections. They are not a relevant constituency for the Greens.  So who gives a damn?

I wonder how many Chinese have been sickened or killed by the toxic chemicals vs. the number of Japanese sickened or killed by Fukushima Daiichi?  No matter, we have to ban nukes and build windmills.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:11:03 PM by rickl »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Downstream of Green
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:15:56 PM »
From Belmont Club:

The Daily Mail looks at the Chinese industrial area supplying the magnets for Europe’s clean wind farms. It’s a wasteland. The Chinese industrial area that is.

The reality is that, as Britain flaunts its environmental credentials by speckling its coastlines and unspoiled moors and mountains with thousands of wind turbines, it is contributing to a vast man-made lake of poison in northern China. This is the deadly and sinister side of the massively profitable rare-earths industry that the ‘green’ companies profiting from the demand for wind turbines would prefer you knew nothing about.

Hidden out of sight behind smoke-shrouded factory complexes in the city of Baotou, and patrolled by platoons of security guards, lies a five-mile wide ‘tailing’ lake. It has killed farmland for miles around, made thousands of people ill and put one of China’s key waterways in jeopardy.

This vast, hissing cauldron of chemicals is the dumping ground for seven million tons a year of mined rare earth after it has been doused in acid and chemicals and processed through red-hot furnaces to extract its components.

But the Chinese don’t vote in British elections. They are not a relevant constituency for the Greens.  So who gives a damn?

I wonder how many Chinese have been sickened or killed by the toxic chemicals vs. the number of Japanese sickened or killed by Fukushima Daiichi?  No matter, we have to ban nukes and build windmills.

If they're not producing co2 it's ok!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 05:24:30 AM »
Now here's a "genocide" that Samantha Power can probably get her teeth into and rationalize to death ! The only problem is that she's a friend of the ChiComs and doesn't want to upset them . So ... She can do the next best thing and blame Great Britain ... No love lost there since she's an Irish emigree' to this country .

Don't expect it to happen though . It's not as easy as Libya or Darfur .

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
I thought the Greenies already knew this. It's not as if it were a state secret. At least the Brits aren't producing a large carbon footprint producing the boondoggle. GE, we bring good things to life! population control to. ;D
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.