Author Topic: WRAL.com outs concealed carry holders by street in NC  (Read 5023 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
WRAL.com outs concealed carry holders by street in NC
« on: July 15, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
Rural areas lead in concealed weapons permit rates

So say WRAL.com and to demonstrate, they've included this handy, dandy search feature at the link ...

Find concealed carry permit holders in your area

*When entering street names, do not include house numbers or extensions such as drive, avenue, street, etc. This database contains permits for the WRAL viewing area, including Chatham, Cumberland, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Orange, Nash, Northampton, Person, Sampson, Vance, Warren, Wayne, Wilson and Wake counties. You can search using one or more fields.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: WRAL.com outs concealed carry holders by street in NC
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:25:10 PM »
More fuel for the confiscation, just upping the scare tactics.

Resistance is mandatory.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »

Yeah, I thought about that.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
From the article: But Gail Neely, executive director of North Carolinians Against Gun Violence, argues that training isn't enough.

"I think if they want to carry outside of their home, they should have more training," she said, arguing that permit holders should have to renew their license every two years rather than every five, and that the renewal should include a re-test of their proficiency in firing a weapon.

While sheriffs can require someone to re-take their concealed weapons test to renew a permit, few do so, say instructors and others knowledgeable about the process.

"We're not afraid they'll all turn into criminals," Neely said, although she does point to reports that suggest concealed weapons permit holders aren't as law-abiding as they are reputed to be. Rather, she worries about the unintended consequences of having more guns around. For example, rates of successful suicide are higher in areas with higher rates of gun ownership, she said.

Grasping at straws this chick does. Those that want to commit suicide are determined to do so, guns hazve little to do with their illness. She neglects to mention how the rates are up as the economic conditions get worse and whose fault it that my dear? I'll go ahead and jump onto the limb, it's Dear Leader's fault.

What this crazy bitch neglects to ell everyone is that people that want CC permits are those that don't want to be an unarmed statistic on the latest update of crime blogs.Furthermore, the police are incapable in preventing crime as they cannot be everywhere at once, it's our duty as citizens to take our security seriously enough to do what must be done by arming ourselves against the criminal element that the left continually excuses.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »

They should publish everyone's name who has a photo ID, a voter registration
card, and is not a felon.  It would be much more practical.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »
It must really agonize them that all their predictions of Gunfight At The OK Corral have proven utterly laughable in every state that has some form of CC, and that is almost all of them by now.

What this is, though, is another example of the new political reality we live in. The Left make everything political, and they make everything personal. Showing up at business executive's homes, publishing names and addresses of voters (such as in the recent recall effort in WI), and so on. It is a transparent effort to bully people through intimidation, embarrassment, or simple invasion of privacy.

In this particular instance, it's also extraordinarily irresponsible because it's basically like the Yellow Pages for criminals interested in identifying homes to burglarize because they are likely to contain valuable firearms.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
"We're not afraid they'll all turn into criminals," Neely said, although she does point to reports that suggest concealed weapons permit holders aren't as law-abiding as they are reputed to be.

I'm curious if she has any FACTS to back up that statement.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
"We're not afraid they'll all turn into criminals," Neely said, although she does point to reports that suggest concealed weapons permit holders aren't as law-abiding as they are reputed to be.

I'm curious if she has any FACTS to back up that statement.

Probably not.  Then again, she probably suspects CC holders carry into places the law prohibits.  Let your mind dwell on the UNsanity of prohibiting carry into a bank while one is doing her business.

I just had a vision of guns going rogue, all by themselves, in the bank.  Because "that's where the money is".  ::laughonfloor::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
I don't know how many times I've heard someone say "There are too many guns around", and I'm like "What?  Are they massing on the street corner menacing you?  Is there a gun just ambling along saying "I'm gonna getchya?"!

Idiots.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »
So my brother and I are at the Harbor Freight store and a guy we used to know sees us and ambles over. This guy is such a dipsh!t that neither one of us will have anything to do with him (which irritated a couple of folks in our circle of friends, but that's another story).

"Bill" walks up to us as we stand at the checkout counter and says in a too-loud voice, "Jeeze, if I woulda known you would be here I would have brought my gun!" I look at my brother in amazement at such an inappropriate thing to say. My brother just shrugs and announces, "Well, I've got mine and I'll wait if you wanna go get it!"

Some people you just can't take anywhere.

::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 09:20:37 PM »
Well, "Bill" walked right into that one...sounds like a real tool.   ::facepalm::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »
Bill never heard a conspiracy theory he didn't buy lock~stock~barrel. Heavy on Tri-lateral Commission, Bilderburgers, and what really offended me was that he was a truther.

"The lack of any credible evidence is a further sign of how deep this conspiracy goes"

I kid you not

:o

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »
OMG, I must have run into him at ZeroHedge, the hardcore PaulBots have a mix of government fear we share but an all too heavy dose of batsh*t crazy libiotness!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
So my brother and I are at the Harbor Freight store and a guy we used to know sees us and ambles over. This guy is such a dipsh!t that neither one of us will have anything to do with him (which irritated a couple of folks in our circle of friends, but that's another story).

"Bill" walks up to us as we stand at the checkout counter and says in a too-loud voice, "Jeeze, if I woulda known you would be here I would have brought my gun!" I look at my brother in amazement at such an inappropriate thing to say. My brother just shrugs and announces, "Well, I've got mine and I'll wait if you wanna go get it!"

Ahhhh, sounds like he could be handy in certain situations.... ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »

Ahhhh, sounds like he could be handy in certain situations.... ;D

Who - Bill or my brother? Bill is a loon but my brother is a paranoid. I'd definitely take my brother over most nearly anyone else as backup in a firefight though.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »
I meant your brother...

::pokeineye:: ::rockets::  ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »
I meant your brother...

::pokeineye:: ::rockets::  ;D

I love him but he drives me crazy(ier)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 11:28:16 PM »
Paranoia exists because it's a trait nature has handsomely rewarded in the whole genetic game.  Based on what we've seen the current regime do in a mere 3.5 years, I can only think back to the me of not so long ago and think "sh*t, I wasn't paranoid after all."

On the subject of firearms suddenly acquiring a volition of their own, some years back there was a guy who ran a great website. He had a webcam aimed at a .38 pistol, streaming video of it 24/7. He asked people on the web to help keep an eye on it and let him know if it began to act suspiciously.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 04:37:03 AM »
Rather, she worries about the unintended consequences of having more guns around. For example, rates of successful suicide are higher in areas with higher rates of gun ownership, she said.

She fails to mention that her campaign is receiving extraordinary support from the Rope Lobby .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »
Paranoia exists because it's a trait nature has handsomely rewarded in the whole genetic game.  Based on what we've seen the current regime do in a mere 3.5 years, I can only think back to the me of not so long ago and think "sh*t, I wasn't paranoid after all."

On the subject of firearms suddenly acquiring a volition of their own, some years back there was a guy who ran a great website. He had a webcam aimed at a .38 pistol, streaming video of it 24/7. He asked people on the web to help keep an eye on it and let him know if it began to act suspiciously.

Heh, that is good!   ;D