Author Topic: You Didn't Build That  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
You Didn't Build That
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: You Didn't Build That
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »
We've had fun with this in our house.

I baked a cake last night and when I served it my daughter announced "You didn't make that.  Someone else did."

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Magnum

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »

I am becoming more optimistic for Nov 2012 ::praying::
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »
We've had fun with this in our house.

I baked a cake last night and when I served it my daughter announced "You didn't make that.  Someone else did."

Well obviously you couldn't have made it all by yourself. At some point someone taught you how to tie the shoes you were wearing when you walked across the kitchen floor. Someone taught you how to count and do basic arithmetic, so that you could mix ingredients.

Good Lord. This is permitted to stand as a reasoned rebuttal to this country's success story, by the traitorous enemy media.

Oh, another one!

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 04:02:57 AM »

I think they're having a laugh at the size of Gibb's member .

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »
Hey, you 8% unemployed, you didn't do that...

someone else did!

h/t I don't know, someone told me she read it somewhere.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »
It just kills me that so many liberals buy into this crap.

A comment on ZH:

No man is an island (John Donne) - and you are bright enough to know that.

You were not born knowing how to think, so who helped you learn how?  Who made the computer you used to post your comment?  Who created the internet you used to post your comment? Who created Zerohedge, the place where you have posted your comment?  Who created the language you use?  Who taught that language to you?

Your comment would not have even been formulated, much less passed from you to others through Zerohedge, without the effort of many people who are not you.

No one does anything all by themselves.  Every one of you already know that.  So stop with the stupid

In that case I owe my teachers for services he/she provided, not the government.  Not everyone is educated in a failing  govt school- but we are all forced at gunpoint to pay for the education of others if we are successful enough, and don't have to pay a dime we we are lousy, useless noncontributing zeros.

In that case I owe the people who produced my computer- not the government.  Not everyone's computer was paid for by a govt program. but we are all forced at gunpoint to pay for computers for others if we are successful enough, and don't have to pay a dime we we are lousy, useless noncontributing zeros.

In that case I owe the people who provide my internet access - and I pay them monthly. Not everyone's internet access is  paid for by a govt program. but we are all forced at gunpoint to pay for the others access if we are successful enough, and don't have to pay a dime we we are lousy, useless noncontributing zeros.

Zerohedge offers a commenting service for free- because they sell my eyeballs to people looking to advertise. This is called a free transaction entered into willingly because both parties feel they  benefit.  Government programs use force and threat of force to coerce transactions in which one of the parties receives little or no benefit, but others get to use that money to buy votes and power.

Language? Language is Free as a cultural right - because no one needs to be enslaved to provide it.  No one invented it. Like Markets, and like our original government,  it came about because FREE INDIVIDUALS feet they had a need for it and participated voluntarily in its creation and use.    If govt is giving us more than what we pay for,  why are they still able to spend 75% of the federal budget on entitlement payments that give money to people for doing nothing and who provide no services either to me or to the State?

No Man is an Island, and EVERY HONEST MAN  knows they cannot consume more than they produce.  The government is our servant, and we must pay for the services rendered.  It does not follow that we must also pay for a lazy useless class of  childish  neanderthals who feel that the labor of others is their right because they are unable or unwilling to earn their own keep. The question isn't one of if we are Islands. The question is one of if my associations with others are voluntary or at the point of a gun.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »
well said

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
After the collapse we can forge a new society with values and work ethics that of our founding fathers. This entitlement sh*t has got to go and those(Congress critters) that refuse to go along with it will have to be punished in the worse way prison and expatriation.

My own household teeters on the poverty level now but I refuse to take govt handouts because somebody's taxes(government booty) has to pay for it. I'm ready to explode on the scene of shooting spree now except that my family's welfare takes priority as I'm sure many of my fellow posters.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »
The scramble by the Leftists to reinterpret Obama's comment as "no man is an island", or to suggest that he was talking about infrastructure like the 1/32 Cherokee is fun to watch.

Since I have been paying attention to politics, the Leftist agenda has always, always, always been obfuscated. It has never been sold to voters openly for what it was. Sometimes it was even packaged with conservative language in order to garner support of mainstream Americans. For some reason - whatever reason - the Leftists believe that now is their time to drop the mask and the pretenses, and sell collectivism openly. Obama is ensuring it. But even now, when they openly pine for dictatorial powers, and openly proclaim disdain for capitalism and liberty, they can go too far.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »
After the collapse we can forge a new society with values and work ethics that of our founding fathers. This entitlement sh*t has got to go and those(Congress critters) that refuse to go along with it will have to be punished in the worse way prison and expatriation.

My own household teeters on the poverty level now but I refuse to take govt handouts because somebody's taxes(government booty) has to pay for it. I'm ready to explode on the scene of shooting spree now except that my family's welfare takes priority as I'm sure many of my fellow posters.

Yep, I am at the shooting spree stage, but restricted by the same concern for my family as you.   Cloward-Piven is the order of the day.  Go ahead and take the dole while it lasts. At this point, to get out of the net, we all must swim down and overload it.

Finding Nemo - Team Alignment

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »
I agree with Weisshaupt. Milk every single entitlement, grant, offset, subsidy, and credit you can. It will help bring about the end that much sooner.

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
In that case I owe my teachers for services he/she provided, not the government.  Not everyone is educated in a failing  govt school- but we are all forced at gunpoint to pay for the education of others if we are successful enough, and don't have to pay a dime we we are lousy, useless noncontributing zeros.

In that case I owe the people who produced my computer- not the government.  Not everyone's computer was paid for by a govt program. but we are all forced at gunpoint to pay for computers for others if we are successful enough, and don't have to pay a dime we we are lousy, useless noncontributing zeros.

Was it Aristotle who showed sophistry for what it is? There was an argument that a man who shoots another man with an arrow is not guilty of the crime, you should instead blame the tree that provided the wood that the arrow was made from.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 05:25:41 PM »
I'm building up to an historic rant, filled with vulgarities, threats, promises and invoking the Name of the Lord.

Cause I just can't stands no more.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
A comment on another site:

And on the seventh day, Obama said "You didn't build that!"

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:30 PM »
A comment on another site:

And on the seventh day, Obama said "You didn't build that!"

That's great. I can't recall when I've had so much fun at other's expense. The usual suspects trotted out the "Romney said it too" crap that went over like a fart in an elevator. And I've found ways to work it into every topic (sorry Pan!) just to get their goats.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 10:58:56 PM »
Work it, Soup!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »
I think they're having a laugh at the size of Gibb's member .

I didn't think he had one. Eunuch/press secretary or something.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »

I have been optimistic for many, many weeks now. The only thing camouflaging how bad things are for President Zero is the media. It's what they aren't saying. The worsening favorability ratings. The lagging poll numbers. The sickening economy.

The country sucks worse than anyone alive can ever remember. And for those of us who lived through Carter that is saying a lot. And Americans don't like sucking.

Today they announced that Canadians have a higher average income than Americans for the first time in history. If that had happened under a Republican it would have led the news.

This election is going to be a rout.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »
I'm building up to an historic rant, filled with vulgarities, threats, promises and invoking the Name of the Lord.

Cause I just can't stands no more.

Heck, I thought everybody felt that way every day for the past...umm...ahhh...long damn time!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.