Author Topic: SCOTUS - Must, not shall, Must release info on bailout list  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
SCOTUS - Must, not shall, Must release info on bailout list
« on: March 21, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »
Another ruling The Regime will no doubt fail to comply with!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42193298
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: SCOTUS - Must, not shall, Must release info on bailout list
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »
The appeals court ordered the disclosure of borrowers' names, loan amounts and loan dates for transactions at the Fed's discount window and from its emergency lending facilities.

The Clearing House Association, representing the largest commercial banks that hold more than half of all U.S. deposits, appealed to the Supreme Court, arguing that the emergency lending data should be kept secret.

It said the appeals court ruling threatened numerous federal programs that depend on keeping commercial transactions confidential and could unjustifiably harm the reputation of banks that borrowed from the Fed's discount window.

<snip>

The Supreme Court declined to hear the appeals without comment....

I'm thinking that there are going to be a lot of pissed off Americans when this information is revealed. There should be no "federal programs that depend on keeping commercial transactions confidential". It's our f**king money.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson