Author Topic: The Endangered RINO List  (Read 15648 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Endangered RINO List
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
John McCain

As much as I admire his service, he has failed to secure our southern border. In fact, he was an amnesty advocate until public opinion stopped him.

I Agree, but wasn't he just returned in 2010?  We'll have to wait a few more years before we can unseat him.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »
John McCain

As much as I admire his service, he has failed to secure our southern border. In fact, he was an amnesty advocate until public opinion stopped him.

I Agree, but wasn't he just returned in 2010?  We'll have to wait a few more years before we can unseat him.

Yeah, he was. I hoped JC Heyward would win.

Keep him on the list.
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
John McCain

He's in until 2016. He'll retire from that office.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »
John McCain

So... border security is screwed
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »
John McCain

So... border security is screwed

In a word...yeah.

Hell, he can't even come out and go off on Barry over the Libya deal...his statements on that are so muted...that one outta be knocked out of the park!

So screwed...

::falldownshocked::

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »
It is my opinion that the 2012 election will go down in history as the most important one since the first. Next year we the people will decide the very fate of America as we know it. We the people, what a concept. In a new land, men of honor and character set forth to define their country, and they did. We the people next year will decide if America will continue to lead the world to a better life for all mankind, or, will America be swallowed up by people who only care for their own comfort, at any cost. Please! study every candidate, federal, state and local. Find out all you can about the man/woman you will send, in your stead, to DC. America has been held hostage by 20% of the population. Those 20% decide how we work, where we live, what we eat, drink, how we raise our children. They decide IF we can utilize the resources that G_d granted America. I say it's long over due that we the people return these decisions to us.
We MUST demand an end to the lobby. Decisions that effect every American should not be decided by who has the most money to throw at an election. We MUST demand term limits for ALL elected officials, federal, state, and local, as well as judges. Career politicians are a blight on America. They get intrenched and forget who sent them. They get comfortable playing political roulette by buying and selling their votes to the highest bidder. This is NOT how our government was meant to operate. Men, women, and children have given their very lives to preserve and protect America throughout our brief history, and to look at Washington DC today, you would think we got it for free. America has been paid for by the blood of patriots and if we the people don't rescue her next year, then maybe we don't deserve her.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »
... America has been paid for by the blood of patriots and if we the people don't rescue her next year, then maybe we don't deserve her.

Amen to that. It pains me to say it, but I don't think it's a given any longer that America as it exists is the rightful heir of the Founder's legacy. Sure, millions of us are standing up and refusing to cede quietly to our nation's enemies. But the American people as a whole through our inattentiveness to responsibility have allowed our nation to come to the precipice, staring over the edge at tyranny. Now we try to pull her back from the edge, and only time will tell whether our countrymen can be made to see what we stand to lose.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Even when we do things right - exercise our right to vote - we lose to those that don't follow the rule of law. Look at WI for a perfect example of how far the liberal leftists demos are willing to go.

One activist compromised judge (county) can undo the will of 'we the people'.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
That's why there are impeachment clauses written in constitutions.  The biggest casualty in all of the stuff going on can be laid at the feet of the people we vote into office.  If they lack the will to do what is necessary, it is incumbent upon us to make them understand they have to do what is necessary, or they will be replaced.  All our ills are a direct result of failing to hold our representatives accountable or it is our fault for not sending accountable people to begin with.  It is a complete lack of will.  We need to reassert our will and let it be known we will not tolerate backsliders and backstabbers, period.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »
Here's an interesting link, DeMint is the Chair of the Senate Conservatives Fund -

http://senateconservatives.com/site

The races -

http://senateconservatives.com/site/races

Looks like they'll be making endorsements and providing funds, so this site will bear watching and fits in perfectly with the aim of this thread.

ETA - I note with interest they are deciding not to endorse incumbents as they want new leaders to get to the Senate.  So if Lugar or Snowe or any other incumbents win their primaries, they will not be supported, they'll divert their support to new candidates only.  So this should prove to be very interesting!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:56:07 AM by Libertas »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
Lamar Alexander, RINO, Tennessee.

He has outlived his usefulness. Too much a part of the power structure. Dinosaur. Lost his way.

...caught in a tar pit that is Washington, DC
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 09:44:33 AM »
What about Boner er a Boehner?

Let's make it easy....anyone that votes to increase the debt ceiling should be targeted. Oh no, I used that violent word....tough dogsh*t.  ::beertoast::

Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 09:46:41 AM »
Someone needs to start taking all this info and putting into a sticky thread that can't be posted to, except by the author to modify. A long thread is no way to distribute information.

I like the idea that someone made about dividing it up into the 50 states, and have someone responsible for each state.

Start a new separate category, and have 50 stickeys for each state.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »
Someone needs to start taking all this info and putting into a sticky thread that can't be posted to, except by the author to modify. A long thread is no way to distribute information.

I like the idea that someone made about dividing it up into the 50 states, and have someone responsible for each state.

Start a new separate category, and have 50 stickeys for each state.

You can blame me for that 50 state idea.   ;D

But I agree, we need a way to lock this so it becomes more of a reference tool vs an endless chain people will have to hunt through.  I am stubborn and determined and will do the latter, but if the former is available, I think it will benefit more people.

Offline Joanna

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »
                  ::pimp::      Yes, Scott Brown. he just announced yesterday that he is against defunding P.Parenthood
                               I'm glad he's up again in 2012, and Im sure he's more interested in getting elected again
                               so he will pander to all the looney left here in Ma. I'm keeping my eye on this to see just who
                               this new Rhino will stand with. What a Rhino will do for a vote, huh

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »
Yeah.  I thought pandering was more of a left-wing tactic!

:P

::exitstageleft::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 10:27:50 AM »
                 ::pimp::      Yes, Scott Brown. he just announced yesterday that he is against defunding P.Parenthood
                               I'm glad he's up again in 2012, and Im sure he's more interested in getting elected again
                               so he will pander to all the looney left here in Ma. I'm keeping my eye on this to see just who

Someone like Brown poses the tired conundrum. Is it better to have an extreme Leftist Democrat, or the most conservative candidate that can win? Because I'll tell ya, Scott Brown is as good as we're EVER going to get in Massachusetts. He has to walk the fine line and he knows it. He's stood with the GOP on some very key things, and stood apart from them on issues that'll please his constituency in his state.

If he can bring the state's senate representation a good deal further to the right and still remain viable, is it worth it? Think Kerry/Kennedy vs Kerry/Brown. Which is better, if Brown is the best you can hope for?

There's no reason under the sun why we should settle for RINO in Texas, Arizona, Utah, or anywhere else that a staunch conservative will win. But is it worth it in Massachusetts? I think that all things considered, it is.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 11:02:43 AM »
He's probably the half a loaf is better than none

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
He's probably the half a loaf is better than none

Isn't that sad. ::whatgives::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »

Someone like Brown poses the tired conundrum. Is it better to have an extreme Leftist Democrat, or the most conservative candidate that can win? Because I'll tell ya, Scott Brown is as good as we're EVER going to get in Massachusetts. He has to walk the fine line and he knows it. He's stood with the GOP on some very key things, and stood apart from them on issues that'll please his constituency in his state.

If he can bring the state's senate representation a good deal further to the right and still remain viable, is it worth it? Think Kerry/Kennedy vs Kerry/Brown. Which is better, if Brown is the best you can hope for?

There's no reason under the sun why we should settle for RINO in Texas, Arizona, Utah, or anywhere else that a staunch conservative will win. But is it worth it in Massachusetts? I think that all things considered, it is.

Yep...I consider Brown a body count or spoke in the wheel......We need the count for control. Keep him off any committees that mean anything and understand in conservative states he doesn't sell, but is a cog in the machine we need.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.