Author Topic: Wisconsin teachers lose sick days.  (Read 1651 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Wisconsin teachers lose sick days.
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:33:13 PM »
H/T JPSFUDIMO

No wonder they hate Governor Scott Walker.
Oshkosh teachers were getting 90 sick days a year… They only worked 180 days a year.
Charlie Sykes reported:

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/no-wonder-they-hate-governor-walker-oshkosh-teachers-got-90-sick-days-a-year/
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Wisconsin teachers lose sick days.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »
Good grief!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »
Hell, I s'pose I'd fight tooth and nail to keep that too.  ::)

Is there any clearer example one can muster of the inherent corruption when union dues fund the election of Democrats who grease the skids for unions? I mean, c'mon. Extrapolate an end-game here. If this wasn't stopped now, what else could the union possibly have demanded, and what demand would have been out of bounds to the Democrats beholden to them?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »
I would love to know who negotiated that deal so I could heve his name on billboards all over the state.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »
I would love to know who negotiated that deal so I could heve his name on billboards all over the state.

You got that right JF. With a big narrative underneath saying, "This guy is the reason our state is broke"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »

You got that right JF. With a big narrative underneath saying, "This guy is the reason our state is broke"

Excellent addition.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 02:14:49 AM »
Remember in Christmas Vacation - holiday classic by now - one of the plot elements being the unexpected visit by their redneck relative Cousin Eddie. Eddie and family, as always, are on hard times so the Griswolds offer to help them purchase their kids' Christmas presents. Eddie responds by saying "That sure is nice. While you're at why don't you go ahead and pickup something for you too, something really nice." The joke being that he's acting like a generous gift giver now that someone else is actually paying for it. This whole public sector union business reminds me of that scene.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 06:52:25 AM »
Yeah, these people need more than their grotesque vacation package trimmed down to size...

PS-Love the billboard idea, that there's a winner!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 07:34:11 AM »
Thity-five years ago my older ( by a year ) brother has been teaching for a couple of years and was complaining about the pay . I was married at the time and in the Army . I pointed out to him that he was still living at home with my parents , he worked eight months of the year , got three months off during the summer and another month's worth of holidays , didn't do a damned thing during these months off but lay around the house , my Mom still cooked for him and did his laundry and he had a hell of a lot of nerve complaining .

A year later he informed me that he was going off on his own . I asked what he was going to do . He said ; "I'm joining the Navy ."  I said ; "Great ... Now you'll have the Navy providing your housing , food and laundry facilities ." He did enlist , went through OCS and got himself assigned to Public Affairs which put him in an office and as far from any sort of combat as possible . He retired as a Commander and is now back to teaching in a cushy private school setting raking it in from two different sources , There's more than one way to work the system and he knows them all . As far as I'm concerned people like my brother and the Oshkosh teachers are a perfect waste of skin !