Author Topic: Obama's "Abu Graib" Is Not Being Reported Like Bush's Abu Graib!  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Obama's "Abu Graib" Is Not Being Reported Like Bush's Abu Graib!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »
The general reportedly said at the time: “How could we … make this request with elections coming? He calls me Bill.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »
The general reportedly said at the time: “How could we … make this request with elections coming? He calls me Bill.”

He should have called him Barry and said I am a General with responsibility over the lives and well-being of thousands of troops, so please forgive me if I am not overly concerned with elections.

But that is asking a lot I guess....

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »
But that is asking a lot I guess....

What were you thinking?
 ::facepalm::

;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »
I see they're practicing a little obamacare over there.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:03:39 PM »
Yeah, another reason to squash the story.

Really, the MFM is beyond biased and corrupt.

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 07:04:57 AM »
Really, the MFM is beyond biased and corrupt.

Bias is one thing, and that's bad enough.  But what we have now is a media who are willing progressive propagandists.  That form of corruption, of abuse of their Constitutional protections, veers off into felony conspiracy.  When the so-called media get their talking points from the White House into their earpiece while on the air (Mika Airhead at MSLSD), the whole concept of 'free and open discussion of ideas' is diminished.  We see this diminishing of free and open discussions when it comes to race, the fact that our Nation is NOT talking about (mostly) urban black mob violence.  We see this diminishing of free and open discussions when it comes to criticism of Owebama's qualifications, gravitas and love of America by being called racists.  I firmly believe the media needs to lose their Constitutional protections as they no longer even make a hint of a whisper of a pretense at playing stories down the middle.

I never thought I'd agree with putting media in jail, but with our current crop of nihilistic nincompoops, yeah, I can go with that.  I honestly think the media should list, when they do any form of reporting, their CV, bonafides, organizations, degree (or college most likely), etc.  Let's play the transparency game with them, with a nice jail time penalty for screwing up.  I guess what I'm proposing is the media be forced to admit its biases for all to see, not just us blogaholics, with criminal sanctions imposed for lying (that is, not admitting a bias when slanting a story).

The media used to be an aggressive pack of rabid dogs who saw their job and role in life to 'comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable'.  No more, as the media cannot and will not afflict their comfortable selves.  No, they afflict themselves on us poor plebes, the rotten corrupt bastards, and then have the chutzpah to pass off the affliction by calling it 'news'.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »
Spot on RickZ.  ::thumbsup::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
LINK

An explosive Congressional investigation revealed horrific new details this week about a U.S. funded military hospital in Afghanistan that kept patients in "Auschwitz-like" conditions.

The investigation also revealed that Lt. General William B. Caldwell, then commander of the $11.2 billion dollar a year Afghan training program, tried to block the probe and ordered a cover-up.

There are currently two ongoing investigations looking into the Dawood Military Hospital abuses: one centered around the Military Whistleblower Protection Act, the other concerned with Caldwell’s politically-motivated decision to delay investigations into the hospital until after the 2010 elections.

What follows is a very disturbing look inside the Dawood National Military Hospital. It was compiled with sworn eye-witness testimony from the three U.S. Army colonels who blew the whistle on the scandal, as well as never-before published photos obtained by BuzzFeed.

The photos and corresponding descriptions were collected by U.S. military personnel in Afghanistan.

The images are extremely graphic.

Col. Geller: “When Col Pagel, accompanied by a young USMC Capt. attorney, asked me if there was any reason to believe LTG Caldwell delayed the investigations into the NMH I replied: ‘Any reason to believe? I know it for a fact.’”

Col. Carozza: "Lt. Gen. Caldwell screamed at these three officers, waving his finger at them for trying to bring in the DOD IG." Caldwell responded: "There is nothing wrong in this command that we can't fix ourselves."

Col. Carozza: “General Caldwell had the request withdrawn and postponed until after the election and then, after the election, tried to intimidate his subordinates into a consensus that it need not move forward at all."

"How could we make this request with elections coming?" Caldwell reportedly said, referring to President Obama. "He calls me Bill."

Throughout the scandal and ensuing cover-up, the majority of the Dawood hospital staff has remained in place.

Caldwell is now running the U.S. Army North Command and is the senior commander of Texas’ Fort Sam Houston.

This is utterly reprehensible on so many levels.  ::puke::

But the worst aspect of this is that a military commander covered this up in order to protect Obama politically. This is sick beyond measure.  ::outrage::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood