Author Topic: ISS viewing  (Read 902 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
ISS viewing
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:10:36 PM »
ISS viewing
Post by libertasinfinitio on Aug 27, 2010, 11:26pm

Dang, sometimes I scare myself! I already had a few under my belt tonight, then stepped out to enjoy a fine puro with another beer, and I saw the ISS go whipping overhead around 9:30pm. Bright as hell, went west to east, from roughly Arcturus straight east just south of Cassiopeia. Pretty cool. Did some quick math figuring rate of motion, about 2 degrees of visible sky and 360 degrees of circumference and I thought maybe it'd be by again around 11:30. And damned if it wasn't! I came in and checked the NASA tables for my zip code and I was within 1 minute of actual. If I can do that half-sauced then, that can only mean...yeah, I need another beer.

PS- Jupiter just south of the rising moon was pretty dang cool too, that sucker is bright rusty lookin' bugger past few nights.
Re: ISS viewing
Post by glock32 on Aug 28, 2010, 5:29pm

And thanks to Chairman Zero, our national space program will be limited to stowing away aboard Russian craft, hidden amongst all the luggage.
Post by pandora on Aug 29, 2010, 11:37am

Aug 28, 2010, 5:29pm, glock32 wrote:
And thanks to Chairman Zero, our national space program will be limited to stowing away aboard Russian craft, hidden amongst all the luggage.

... while chanting hosannas of appreciation to muslims for their non-existent contributions ....
Post by irondiopriest on Aug 29, 2010, 1:21pm

Aug 29, 2010, 11:37am, pandora wrote:

Aug 28, 2010, 5:29pm, glock32 wrote:

... while chanting hosannas of appreciation to muslims for their non-existent contributions ....

It makes 'em feel good about themselves though.
Post by pandora on Aug 29, 2010, 1:54pm

And isn't that the important thing, 'eh?
Post by irondiopriest on Aug 29, 2010, 2:46pm

Aug 29, 2010, 1:54pm, pandora wrote:
And isn't that the important thing, 'eh?

It should be every spaceman's Prime Directive.
Post by libertasinfinitio on Aug 29, 2010, 4:01pm

Chairman Zero, heh, I like that. It covers it all!
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
Cool, I'll have to check this out...whenever the clouds & rain blow out, which is looking like Saturday right now.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.