Author Topic: Ebola Outbreak  (Read 86754 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Ebola Outbreak
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2019, 07:42:25 AM »
Q.: Is the Ebola Virus effected by subfreezing temps?

A.: Yes. It gets frozen in place, and then when things thaw, there it is, right where you left it.
From the MSDS Online relevant section:
SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days. Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C.
IOW, sub-freezing just preserves it until it thaws. Forever.
At anything above 39° F, it's still fully infectious. And it thrives at the equator.
You want to make it go away, you want fire.

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2019/05/ebola-faq-file.html?m=1

Damn.

Well, doesn't alter my belief in a quarantine of Africa.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2019, 07:24:21 AM »
https://apnews.com/f37cb9c50fea45b4a061c1e8d7b33a03

This story never changes, does it?  People are terminally stupid...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2019, 10:49:48 AM »

This guy keeps taling the ebola issue and has for a long time. He is entertaining and I usually agree with him.
He looks like a freak.
styxhexenhammer666
https://youtu.be/r1l_qS-h2wU
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2019, 07:57:20 PM »

This guy keeps taling the ebola issue and has for a long time. He is entertaining and I usually agree with him.
He looks like a freak.
styxhexenhammer666
https://youtu.be/r1l_qS-h2wU

Stupid moniker - incisive commentary. I'm a subscriber.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2019, 06:53:27 AM »
Didn't go enough into the hospitals...I documented it in this thread earlier I thought, very few areas around the nation equipped and minimally staffed to handle this virus and a few other spots here and there in reserve with no staff with experience.  Any significant outbreak here and I don't know if hospitals could respond quickly enough to be able to abate its spread.

Oh, and now to make things worse on a source-containment front...

http://news.trust.org/item/20190604191037-ap8pc

...swell, huh?

/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2019, 08:27:58 AM »
Aesop at Raconteur Report goes into the hospitals issue; nothing's changed since 2014, he says.

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2019/06/june-ebola-update.html

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2014/10/do-math.html
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:38:08 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2019, 06:50:32 AM »
Aesop at Raconteur Report goes into the hospitals issue; nothing's changed since 2014, he says.

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2019/06/june-ebola-update.html

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2014/10/do-math.html

Yup, pretty sure he was my source before as well (that second link).

FTFL -

But if it breaks out here, we have 11 BL-IV beds, max, to adequately contain that outbreak.
For reference, Mexico has zero beds.
I repeat, Mexico has zero beds.

If it breaks out south of the border, one case becomes 100 cases...
Proper protective equipment for Ebola, we repeat and belabor, is several lengths of military-grade concertina, warning signs, a shotgun and supply of buckshot, and small breakable containers with a suitable flame accelerant, for emergency decontamination beyond the perimeter

Yup.  Gotta get some military-grade concertina or equivalent.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2019, 07:57:57 AM »
Many years ago I read a book The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World Out of Balance
by Laurie Garrett  (Author) 1994.

The title is a little much for me but the book was excellent. Great science writing is rare. This was a page turner. She won a Pulitizer for this or something else. She describes in detail how something minor spreads and spreads. Some real life stories.

I recall one narrative. In the old days someone ate bush meat, and died a horrible death in some village. Maybe the whole hut died, or even most of the village. No big deal.

The along came 'rebels' with AK47s who killed lots of people. This created transients and widows who turned to prostitution to survive. They get open sores from VD. Along come truckers along long highways. They catch the VD, more open sores. The truckers travel long distances. The next time someone catches Ebola in a village it spreads far and wide.

Nuns provided prenatal care to African women including B12 shots.  They have to reuse needles, even resharpening them with grind stones. No sterilization. One woman has ebola and gets a shot. It gets spread far and wide.  The part about immune compromised AIDS/TB patients was scary.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2019, 09:20:50 PM »
This blog, June 5th:

"I repeat for the record, as of June 5th, based on available evidence, and barring any changes in worldwide response,

this one's going to blow containment.

Get your preps in order.
    When it gets out, if it's near you, it'll already be too late." - moi

Read the rest.  It's blown containment.

https://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2019/06/told-you-so.html
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2019, 07:59:48 AM »
We're f**ked.  Even if official traffic closed down...the borders remain porous and we've already seen several instances of illegals from African nations invading our land.

I tell ya...not going out quiet or alone!!!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »
The lamestream media sure isn't .......... hmmm, maybe if it's here and spreads, they will report it to make Trump look bad.

If they don't, what do y'all figure we should be watching for?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2019, 12:32:35 PM »
The lamestream media sure isn't .......... hmmm, maybe if it's here and spreads, they will report it to make Trump look bad.

Any watching by definition is way too late...and any news to be had via MFM is only going to be coming out if in some way the demonized groups (Trump, Trump people, Trump supporters...non-demonazi white hetero Christian males and such) can be blamed.

The public likely will be universally uninformed.  But if reports via family, friends, co-workers...friends of friends & family in the border patrol or militia, construction workers on the wall...fedcoat agency types hear/see sick illegals being carted away in full hazmat containment procedures (or they and their families go off work unannounced and out of town)...hospital workers and odd patient quarantines or workers quitting suddenly or even dying suddenly...or like in the depths of the Cold War VIPs disappearing from public view or seen hauling ass out of town/into bunkers. 

Again, for most...this is too late, patient zero beget patients too many!

The fedcoats will not want to cause a panic until they themselves are out of Dodge.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2019, 12:47:31 PM »
I read that ebola has a mean incubation period of 12 days, ranging from 2 to 21 days. The Congolese reaching TX have travelled from Africa to Brazil, at least according to one guy in TX. The northward.
It seems so far that the travel time is longer than the incubation period so Brazil is more likely to get hit than the US for now. Any direct Africa to TX or MX flights could change all that.

Who is paying for this travel?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »

Any watching by definition is way too late...and any news to be had via MFM is only going to be coming out if in some way the demonized groups (Trump, Trump people, Trump supporters...non-demonazi white hetero Christian males and such) can be blamed.

The public likely will be universally uninformed.  But if reports via family, friends, co-workers...friends of friends & family in the border patrol or militia, construction workers on the wall...fedcoat agency types hear/see sick illegals being carted away in full hazmat containment procedures (or they and their families go off work unannounced and out of town)...hospital workers and odd patient quarantines or workers quitting suddenly or even dying suddenly...or like in the depths of the Cold War VIPs disappearing from public view or seen hauling ass out of town/into bunkers. 

The fedcoats will not want to cause a panic until they themselves are out of Dodge.

You're one of a kind, Libs.  First you wrote it's too late for watching, then you proceeded to answer, in your opinion, what to watch for.   ::kissface::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »
I read that ebola has a mean incubation period of 12 days, ranging from 2 to 21 days. The Congolese reaching TX have travelled from Africa to Brazil, at least according to one guy in TX. The northward.
It seems so far that the travel time is longer than the incubation period so Brazil is more likely to get hit than the US for now. Any direct Africa to TX or MX flights could change all that.

One of Satan's minions, who want us all dead.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2019, 04:31:02 PM »

You're one of a kind, Libs.  First you wrote it's too late for watching, then you proceeded to answer, in your opinion, what to watch for.   ::kissface::

That's for in case anyone at home is keeping score.

::popcorn::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2019, 06:54:28 AM »

Was my cynicism hanging out for all to see again?!   I plead guilty.   ::hat-tip::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2019, 06:57:20 AM »

One of Satan's minions, who want us all dead.

Follow the money....point of origin in most cases one way or another lead to Darth Soros...largest bagman for fascisti across the globe and bakroller of useful idiots, front groups and invaders of all stripes!

ETA - SITYS!

https://www.theamericanmirror.com/africans-coming-across-southern-border-have-rolls-of-100-bills/

::cussing::  Soros!!!

::machinegun::
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:36:24 AM by Libertas »