Author Topic: Ebola Outbreak  (Read 86769 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: WH: no additional precautions against Ebola for African summit in DC
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 12:55:51 AM »
So why are they allowing "visitors with health-related issues" in here?

Because it isn't "fair" that Africa has ebola and we don't. Ditto all of the infections that are flooding in from Central American cesspools. It's part of the transformational change that we signed up for.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 05:57:19 AM »
We're all gonna die!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
Have no fear! The government will keep us safe. ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 11:03:29 AM »
Wait until all these exotic diseases intersect with one of the Left's protected classes: the HIV positive.

The ability to mitigate HIV has increased significantly over the past 20 years.  This is largely due to new anti-viral drugs, but also because 1st World countries have low levels of opportunistic pathogens of the sort that would prove deadly to people with a compromised immune system.

These exotic diseases don't even have to be as deadly or virulent as Ebola to be a real risk to people with HIV.  This is just another example of how the Left has no real coherent ideology other than to tear down the existing structures of civilization.  The components of their social and political coalition have little in the way of natural common ground, and quite often they seek things directly at odds with each other.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Ebola, a Michael Crichton novel
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 10:08:41 AM »
If Michael Crichton were still alive, he would have written a novel about this.
Maybe he did.

I sometimes wander into conspiracy theory.

Is it coincidental that two new TV shows are about pandemics?

Last Ship and The Strain

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Ebola, a Michael Crichton novel
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »
If Michael Crichton were still alive, he would have written a novel about this.
Maybe he did.

I sometimes wander into conspiracy theory.

Is it coincidental that two new TV shows are about pandemics?

Last Ship and The Strain

Does "The Andromeda Strain" count? It wasn't exactly the same thing because it was about a microbe brought back from a probe of space dust or something. Plus it was nearly 100% lethal within mere minutes of exposure which is a bit implausible...that would make it more like poisonous gas than a pathogen.

Anyway, this outbreak is getting interesting what with the potential spread to other countries beginning to look more and more like a reality. The news this evening was that some elderly female from Sierra Leone got off a plane in the UK and keeled over, was taken to the hospital where she died quickly. No confirmation that it was ebola but the evidence is quite damning that it is. They supposedly have the plane quarantined which I hope means that they aren't letting the passengers off or letting them otherwise come into contact with the native UK population. Again, not really very well reported so kind of hard to say.

The plane carrying the woman came from Freetown in Sierra Leone – a country with the highest number of victims from the disease.

It stopped at Banjul in The Gambia before landing in Gatwick at 8.15am on Saturday after a five-hour flight.

Public Health England tried to allay fears of an Ebola ­breakout in Britain.

It said the woman showed no ­symptoms during the flight.

When you are thinking about pandemics or epidemics you need to look at "vectors." That's the name they give to people who are infectious and come into contact with others who then become infected and spread the disease. Global air travel makes vector transmission of highly infectious diseases several orders of magnitude easier than it was during past pandemics like, say, the Spanish flu. So, how many people came into physical contact with this person during the five hour flight? And how many people came into contact with them during the five hour flight?

Sample scenario: Infected person is touched by flight attendant. Flight attendant then touches X number of other passengers?

Or this: Infected person goes to plane restroom and sweats all over everything. Or barfs. Or whatever. And then X number of passengers visit the same restroom.

Or this: Infected person visits a restroom in departure city's airport. The X number of persons visit the same restroom and then depart for places unknown on other flights.

How many people got off the plane in Gambia for other final destinations who might have contracted the disease?

I am also guessing that third world airlines (like these, for instance) are not particularly fastidious in just about any area you care to imagine including cleanliness and record keeping.

It is said that the disease has an incubation period (time of infection to sign of symptoms) of anywhere between 2 days and three weeks. It is also said that only a person who is showing signs of infection is capable of infecting others. They also claim that this is not (yet) and airborne infections, that it may only be spread by contact with bodily fluids. I suspect though, that it would spread like crazy through a population of intravenous drug users and/or the sexually promiscuous even without symptoms showing. And my guess is as good as anyone's at this point because this is a relatively little understood disease.

One more thing: It is also said that a person will die within about five days (tops) of showing signs of infection. Anyone really believe that the elderly Sierra Leone woman didn't show signs of infection during that five hour flight? Can you even imagine having to sit next to her for five hours and then learning that she dropped dead from ebola within minutes of walking off the plane?

But an airliner cabin seems to be an especially convenient place for such a disease to spread. I suppose we will know soon enough.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:22:45 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 01:44:18 AM »
I guess entire societies are willing to risk incurable, deadly disease because that's better than being called a racist.

The proper course of action here is to close all travel to or from the affected countries, at a minimum.

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 06:00:03 AM »
Thanks, Trap.
It's been, probably, 30 years since I read Andromeda Strain.
Good book; may read it again.

Once again, my conspiracy glands are working.
There is no attempt to protect us from any sort of pandemic.

The Southern Invasion with all the diseases they're bringing and the failure to quarantine the countries where Ebola is spreading leaves us wide open.

It's like giving infected blankets to the Indians.

Perhaps there is something to the Georgia Guidestones as a plan of action rather than a philosophy.

The world population should be reduced to 500 million.
80%

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 06:42:22 AM »
I guess entire societies are willing to risk incurable, deadly disease because that's better than being called a racist.

The proper course of action here is to close all travel to or from the affected countries, at a minimum.

Yeah, the progs won't go for that, certainly not openly...but whooptidoo anyway, the southern border is so pourous thousands of Ebola victims could be thrust over the border...by the time O'Bongo realizes it it would be too late, the disease would be going like wildfire, and then once word breaks out the panic across the nation would be massive, society would implode.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 06:44:34 AM »
Thanks, Trap.
It's been, probably, 30 years since I read Andromeda Strain.
Good book; may read it again.

Once again, my conspiracy glands are working.
There is no attempt to protect us from any sort of pandemic.

The Southern Invasion with all the diseases they're bringing and the failure to quarantine the countries where Ebola is spreading leaves us wide open.

It's like giving infected blankets to the Indians.

Perhaps there is something to the Georgia Guidestones as a plan of action rather than a philosophy.

The world population should be reduced to 500 million.
80%

Those things give me a shiver down my spine, something nefarious and Fascist about it, like there are clowns out there preparing to implement its genocide...who gets to decide who lives and who dies?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 07:35:17 AM »
We're all gonna die!

...and only some of us (they!) deserve it!

::outrage::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »
Via INfowars

I have had a auto google search running on "quarantine" for some time... the outbreak in Africa keeps dying out and then -- restarting.  I surmised at the time that they may be using Africa as a testing ground for various pathogens they have worked out in the lab..  If you look at this chart - its odd

But my take away is different from the author's...
 it isn't just since April that it starts and then dies.. its been going on for almost TWO YEARS.
Almost like they are deliberately RESTARTING IT.

I have said for a long time that a bio-weapon and mass depopulation was their only chance of conquering America.  It is beginning to look more and more like that is what is being attempted, and that we are no longer looking at "probing" behavior but the end game attack.   School starts here in a couple of weeks as well, and your kids will mostly likely be in class with the immigrants  - or at least int he same school.  How is that for a "vector" ? Oh, we quarantined your KID today.. you better come down too.. 

My kids might very well end up being truant for the first couple of weeks. Not that I guess it matters. If they are really attacking us this way,  we have already lost this war.
I just hope I am around long enough to watch the Libtards bleeding  out in the streets screaming its all Bush's Fault ( Which by the way is the offical Dem talking point memo  line again with regards to immigration..you can't go wrong with a classic)

Also keep in mind all they need to do is generate the required panic to make most report for vaccination or a  forced quarantine in Building B with the Gas showers.  The actual pathogen spread need not be that dangerous, and any number of food additives or sprays can be used to simulate the symptoms if you don't want to spread one at all . (toxins in Toledo water supply huh? )  Or we are simply dealing with an indiscriminate Bio-weapon based on Ebola that they feel confident they can "control"  - in that it dies out after a predictable period.. just like you see in the graph....

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:52:57 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »
Perhaps I am in a lower risk group - I am an "OINK" (One Income No Kids), they'll have to come at me another way...hopefully one I see coming...   ;)

ETA -

As to conspiracy theories, the PTBs really aren't making it easy to dismiss them, are they?

Lets look -

Among the significant revelations are that individuals from nations currently suffering from the world’s largest Ebola outbreak have been caught attempting to sneak across the porous U.S. border into the interior of the United States. At least 71 individuals from the three nations affected by the current Ebola outbreak have either turned themselves in or been caught attempting to illegally enter the U.S. by U.S. authorities between January 2014 and July 2014.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/08/03/Leaked-CBP-Report-Shows-Entire-World-Exploiting-Open-US-Border

Staff tell of fears as jet from Africa is quarantined after the death of passenger who was 'sweating and vomiting' before she collapsed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ebola-terror-gatwick-passenger-collapses-3977051

Taken in context of Weisshaupt's rundown...   ::saywhat::

Sure, nothing to see here, move along.

/

::exitstageleft::
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:45:17 AM by Libertas »

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
The True Story of Ebola in Reston, Virginia.
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 04:41:24 PM »
This was in Canada Free Press.
 Quite interesting

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php...9c9c-291118117

In October 1989 people in the community of Reston, Virginia went about their daily lives not realizing that a serious crisis was developing right in their back yards that would not be entirely resolved until March 1990. It was a serious calamity that could have wiped out the entire population. This dire emergency was described twenty years ago by Richard Preston in his non-fiction book, “The Hot Zone.” The “hot zone” refers to an “area that contains lethal, infectious organisms” also dubbed “hot agent,” an “extremely lethal virus, potentially airborne.” (Richard Preston, The Hot Zone, Random House, New York, 1994, p. 296)

Rest at the link

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The True Story of Ebola in Reston, Virginia.
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
I read "The Hot Zone", many years ago. Scary stuff.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 06:38:16 PM »
l was trying to remember the name of that book, thanks for the reminder.

IIRC didn't both HIV and Ebola originate with human contact with monkeys?  People should leave wild monkeys alone or monkeys need to be wiped out, well too late now...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/black-market-demand-for-monkey-meat-could-see-ebola-spread-to-europe/

A BBC investigation previously discovered the markets at Ridley Road, London sold giant rats among other smuggled meats.

It is known as a prime example of an area where black market meats are sold and is replicated all over the country.

Dr Yunes Teinaz, a former environment health official, warned the bush meat is sold “all over the country” and is a “huge” health risk.

Unh hunh.  Import the savages and you've imported their savage ways.  I have no doubt some of this sht has found its way into this country as well.

The benefits of the vibrancy of di-VER-sity.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2014, 05:28:14 AM »
The trouble is that so far Western populations have proven themselves more willing to accept this than to risk being called a racist.  They are quite literally more terrified of being called a name than of losing their entire birthright to an imported savagery and the disease, filth, and squalor that comes with it.

What can you do with such a population?  Nature knows what to do with it: consign it to the ash heap of history.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 06:43:09 AM »
Light the fire.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:20:00 AM by trapeze »