Topics > Science, Technology, & Medicine

Ebola Outbreak

<< < (2/31) > >>

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Charles Oakwood on July 29, 2012, 08:15:56 PM ---
What about our 3K military personnel?

--- End quote ---

I dunno.  Seems reckless doesn't it?  I wouldn't want to go without full NBC gear!  But like Stymie or REMFs give a rip.  As usual the troops get screwed, and in this case screwed could mean dead.  Totally unacceptable.  This has disaster written all over it.  I can see grieving family members suing for wrongful death.  Obama & Co spent ZERO time thinking this over, all they saw were black people and political points.  We have ZERO point being there.  Let WHO handle it.

charlesoakwood:

Sort a like that Clancy novel, he wants
to bring the virus to America.

Weisshaupt:

--- Quote from: Charles Oakwood on July 29, 2012, 08:48:17 PM ---
Sort a like that Clancy novel, he wants
to bring the virus to America.

--- End quote ---

Contagion is probably the most likely method if they wish to kill a lot of us, but Ebola might not be the right one. Typically you will see symptoms within 10 days - longest observed incubation was 21 days.   Of course a genetic variant may have been developed that takes longer, giving it ample time to to spread before word gets out that there is an outbreak.  Granted, you could get a 12 Monkeys scenario where someone deliberately contracts the disease and then takes a 10-21 day trip through as many airports and destinations as possible. Even so, you can only really spread it by direct contact.  An airborne contagion will spread far more quickly. 

John Florida:

--- Quote from: Pandora on July 28, 2012, 10:17:28 AM ---People fled their homes .... and went where?  Wherever the next outbreak occurs.

--- End quote ---

What say we rescue some and bring them here.

Pandora:

--- Quote from: John Florida on July 29, 2012, 09:29:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pandora on July 28, 2012, 10:17:28 AM ---People fled their homes .... and went where?  Wherever the next outbreak occurs.

--- End quote ---

What say we rescue some and bring them here.

--- End quote ---

Yessireebob, because that always works out so well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version